U-verse expands to CT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ticket

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
Just check U-verse web site and they said ....

AT&T U-verse is Available

NORVEL RD
NWLK, CT 06850

Neat. Too bad wont see it here in Marlborough. I've had DSL here twice (currently have cable) and every time I check with them DSL is not available at my address. Did you check my past service??

Oh well. Good to see the "populated" areas of CT will have other options.

Available here in Rocky Hill too Scott! (I live right on the Wethersfield/RH line and have seen them installing the equipement over the past few months).

I do have a few questions about the Sports Nets as I don't see the local sports channels listed in the channel guides online: NESN, FSN New England, YES. They list most of the FSN and Comcast channels in the guide, but not the local ones like NESN or YES. If they were available, I'd probably drop Dish, or at least drop to the minimum HD package. And if those 3 sports channels were in HD I'd be in heaven.

Anyone have this installed yet in any region? I see that there are alot of East and West coast feeds for many channels and wondered if they provide both feeds in all regions. Also curious about their stating that they can record up to 4 channels at the same time. Is this possible from the standard 3 HD receiver (1 a DVR) setup they provide? And does the DVR feed all 3 receivers, or is it a separate box?

So many questions I have....Only a few channels (PBS HD, Sports nets HD, RAI) added to the setup would convince me to leave Cox and DISH. I would have to get at least a second HD tv also to complement the projector in the basement

I may give it a shot and see how it is and write up one of the first in depth reviews of it.

I have not been able to find any good reviews (with screen shots etc) posted anywhere.

I wish we would get it. We're AT&T territory here. Verizon is at least 10 miles away, with FIOS. I do wish we could have an alternative to satellite and cable, and have uncompressed HD. :D

I've been trying to find an in-depth review. The closest things I've found are limited reviews (though I just read a few posts about outages and problems getting the HD "turned on"). I also haven't seen any details on the HD PQ...a big factor in my decision to switch.

I do like the lineup of channels and the price with internet bundling. The idea of recording 4 channels at once (without multiple DVR "fees") also sounds great.

A few minuses from what I've seen, though its early: Only able to watch one HD signal at a time right now, a few outages, software issues leading to problems from a few reports and the lack of a few channels (SD and HD) that I would want.

Scott, you have my permission to be the Hartford region guinea pig. :)
I'm not sure if my wife will give me the permission to take the plunge yet.

Good for you Scott. I was gonna suggest that site for users reviews.

Looking forward to your review. It will be exactly what I need since you also have Dish Network.

Correct me if I'm wrong Scott but with ATT Uverse, you pay $10.00 for the HD package. They turn on whatever HD channels you have in your regular package. If you have U400 then all HD channels will be turned on.

I think that's the way it should be but we'll see.

Looks alot like Windows Media Center navigation. Hope this works out. At least if anything, it puts pressure on Cable, D*, and E* to offer more and more HD while keeping prices down.

Definately looking forward to your review Scott!! Like I said, we're in AT&T territory here, so I'm definately looking forward to them expanding here.

You would think they would expand their TV service here since we're in AT&T's home turf, and Verizon is the talk of the area here? :D

Ahhh........an understanding wife. I had almost convinced my wife to allow me to put up a star choice system to go along with dish. When I mentioned u-verse last night she told me a nice place I could put that star choice dish......

I can't wait for the review. I'm especially interested in SD and HD pq comparisons with dish network and the DVR functionallity. Also the ease of use of the internet gateway.

Thanks Scott and Mrs. Scott,
Joe G

We are going for the U400 package, but are not getting the dataplan as we already have a 15 MB connection, why downgrade to a 1.5 meg connection. :)

My wife was told that not getting their dataplan does not effect the service at all, all VOD is using the broadband which is going to the settop box :)

At the moment we can only have HD on one TV, so we ordered on HD and one SD. This stinks as we have 5 HDTV's in the house and is a huge drawback of this technology as it works now.

Because its not HD Cable, its actually MPEG4 IP Streams which are being sent. They hope to be able to deliver 2 HD streams to a home soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts