U307 available for hopper 3

Why not? If you want the best sound you should use HDMI. What is the downside?

I used to use optical cable because I had no choice, it was an old receiver that didn't have HDMI inputs.
Because of Hand shake issues that are all over these forums.

Lots of post in Directv and Dish forums saying something or another is a bug or not working, and then 5 posts later you realize they have their system running through HDMI through an audio receiver.

That should be your first trouble shooting test.
That's like posting a bug, that my Hopper won't power up, but you have it plugged into a switched outlet and didn't turn it on.

I'm fairly sure these companies don't care about your home audio systems.
I don't put components between my TV and devices.
Saves a lot of aggravation.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: ralfyguy and TheLip
I am guessing that Netflix is using HDCP 2.2 while the DISH VOD stuff is only 2.0 which is why 4K worked before. Seems as though your AVR is not 2.2 compatible.

Mine is and it still doesn't work. I think mine may be bandwidth related. The Hopper is erroneously reporting that I don't have enough bandwidth for the VOD 4K and may me doing the same for Netflix (only streaming 1080).

I am guessing that Netflix is using HDCP 2.2 while the DISH VOD stuff is only 2.0 which is why 4K worked before. Seems as though your AVR is not 2.2 compatible.
Yeah, there is a burp in the hot mess that surrounds 4K these days. Supposedly my receiver should work in bypass mode with HDCP 2.1, but it doesn't. :(

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

You guys and your audio equipment....
That's why I'm totally fine using a fiber optic cable from my receiver to my TV.
I don't care what sound limitations I encounter.
It still sounds great, it works with everything , and doesn't interfere with my Blu-ray player surround and all my components work correctly.
And the Bass still shakes the pictures off the wall.

I'll never run my HDMI through my Audio receiver.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

LOL, you guys still living in a cave starting a fire with your two stones.

Why not? If you want the best sound you should use HDMI. What is the downside?

I once used optical cable because I had no choice, it was an old receiver without HDMI inputs.
In the case of the H3 it depends... :)
The H3 only does DD. IF your TV has optical audio out that supports DD then the audio via optical is identical to what you would get on the HDMI plug. IOW, no difference.
But if your TV is a bit older or more basic model, it may not support DD via optical out, check your manual.
Note that all those codecs that are supported in HDMI and AVRs are well beyond what the H3 will do.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Because of Hand shake issues that are all over these forums.

Lots of post in Directv and Dish forums saying something or another is a bug or not working, and then 5 posts later you realize they have their system running through HDMI through an audio receiver.

That should be your first trouble shooting test.
That's like posting a bug, that my Hopper won't power up, but you have it plugged into a switched outlet and didn't turn it on.

I'm fairly sure these companies don't care about your home audio systems.
I don't put components between my TV and devices.
Saves a lot of aggravation.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I agree. I still have my Pioneer A/V receiver without HDMI inputs. Got the sound running through optical Toslink. Still sounds good to me. 5.1 is doing me just fine. Like you I can still put cracks in the drywall.
I hope that thing still makes it a few more years.

Dish Anywhere has worked for me from day 1 with my Hopper 3 even when I'm streaming over LTE.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Me too works fine. Now that I say it dish will blow it up. But I count on it for a lot of my tv watching and haven't had a problem with it since I've had my hopper 3.

The DishAnywhere issue was only SOME of the DVR recordings showed up. I can confirm this is now fixed.
Live TV on DIshanywhere always worked.

Me too works fine. Now that I say it dish will blow it up. But I count on it for a lot of my tv watching and haven't had a problem with it since I've had my hopper 3.

Reactions: DawnB and stimpson
You are supposed to connect the Hopper3 to the AV Receiver using HDMI cable. Then connect the AV Receiver to the TV using another HDMI cable.

That doesn't work for you?

You are supposed to connect the Hopper3 to the Audio Receiver using HDMI cable. Then connect the Audio Receiver to the TV using another HDMI cable.

That doesn't work for you?
If you can find a way to plug a HDMI cable in to my audio receiver I'll try it. My receiver only has optical ports.

I just hit the power button on left of 52.0 remote and watch the screen saver screen for like less then 30 seconds and the download started.

When I got home from work I checked the firmware version. Found version U307 and it said it was downloaded at about 0115 this morning. But thanks for the advise.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)