U334 - upgrade software button gets you U336

Well I just tried using the new software update feature (twice) and guess what, my H3 rebooted after maybe 3 minutes with nothing changed. I could care less about VOD but want my EHD back!!!

Well I just tried using the new software update feature (twice) and guess what, my H3 rebooted after maybe 3 minutes with nothing changed. I could care less about VOD but want my EHD back!!!
Some are reporting that they woke up to the new update the next day. That said, it is important to make sure all of your equipment is in standby, including Joeys, and that you have nothing set to record in the next hour or so.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK I will see what happens. This is a H3 only setup, no Joeys, but I do use Dish Anywhere on my iPhone. It was working fine too until the H3 rebooted and now it shows "connection failed" even though the H3 is connected to the Internet and its status is OK. The Hopper light is green in the app too. One thing wrong just leads to another. I am so glad I bought the H3 and did not agree to a 2 year contract.

An update hit the Wally as well and did nothing to help fix an issue of when you scan for locals using the OTA Dongle the system keeps rebooting rather than saving said channels. Might work 1x out of a hundred.

and now it shows "connection failed" even though the H3 is connected to the Internet and its status is OK.
If you are referring to internet connectivity and the update (to U336), they are unrelated. You don't need internet to update the software - it comes by satellite.

Didn't work for me either.
Have been on 334 for several days, tried "update software" & it went through the install screen, etc. but still shows 334, nothing changed, no 336. Joey is not on, nothing scheduled to record till evening. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Didn't work for me either.
Have been on 334 for several days, tried "update software" & it went through the install screen, etc. but still shows 334, nothing changed, no 336. Joey is not on, nothing scheduled to record till evening. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Another poster in one of the other threads posted similar issue. When he checked the next morning, 336 had installed overnight. Maybe yours will do that, too.

If you are referring to internet connectivity and the update (to U336), they are unrelated. You don't need internet to update the software - it comes by satellite.

No, I am saying trying to update the software and/or the resulting reboot killed Dish Anywhere. It said the hopper is not available/offline when the H3 says it is. It is now working again after maybe 30 minutes so maybe it needed time to initialize or something.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

No, I am saying trying to update the software and/or the resulting reboot killed Dish Anywhere. It said the hopper is not available/offline when the H3 says it is. It is now working again after maybe 30 minutes so maybe it needed time to initialize or something.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Bingo!

i get my updates early in the morning usually between 2 and 6 am so i probaley will get it tommorow morning

I got the U336 and got my EHDs back. However I get an HDCP error message on aii ESPN channels. I rebooted and got the ESPN channels back. This is a real incompetence in SW Engineering. Would a composite or component video connection solve the problem until they fix it? Rebooting during proime time messes up all my prime time recordings.

I got the U336 and got my EHDs back. However I get an HDCP error message on aii ESPN channels. I rebooted and got the ESPN channels back. This is a real incompetence in SW Engineering. Would a composite or component video connection solve the problem until they fix it? Rebooting during proime time messes up all my prime time recordings.
U334 does the same thing with all the movie channels,fox channels,espn channels you will see a small box that says that your tv is not capatable for hdcp i had to reset the hopper 3 so that the channels come back also

My ehd problem solved with u336 and accessibility option added. That is all i noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts