U344 - can't record /set up timers

The deeper I dig, the worse this is getting - programs that show they ARE recording are NOT! The "red dot" is in the Program Guide but that is the extent - NOTHING else is occurring. If this is not a more wide-spread problem, I need a new box. We will have nothing to watch after work tonite.

I am also unable to set timers or record anything. Doing a partial reset right now.
I think it's safe to say there is a MAJOR problem going on. I tried the "partial reset" a second time and i had a "Hopper Software Download" screen that I didnt have with my first attempt. Following completion, my timers have magically begun to record again - for now, anyway. One significant glitch though - the recordings seem to be "invisible". When I click on a "series icon" I can only play the "top" episode - if there are 2 or more, I cannot see them nor play them. It seems like this same thing happened with not being able to play series episodes some time ago. It took a reboot to get them back, and only those recorded up until that point. We had to keep doing that to get successive recordings.

Reactions: dennispap
Working again after partial reset. Had this issue Saturday morning as well. There better be a software update on the way to fix this mess.

Reactions: dennispap
Mine is fixed again. No reboot or anything timers reappeared. Cancel that while scrolling through guide all went black again. Wonderful, setting here for 5 minutes with black screen, Finally went into reboot on its own. It doesn't like guide scrolling I've noticed.

I'm having serious issues with timers and recordings, but is says I am on U 343 from Feb 9, seems like there have been problems since then.

Eta: how do I do a partial reset? I only see the option to "Reset to Factory Defaults", is there a sub-menu in there? I am afraid to click on it, I don't really want to do a full reset unless necessary as I haven't backed up my timers in a long time.

Mine is fixed again. No reboot or anything timers reappeared. Cancel that while scrolling through guide all went black again. Wonderful, setting here for 5 minutes with black screen, Finally went into reboot on its own. It doesn't like guide scrolling I've noticed.
Tonight after I did a reset this morning now I'm getting the black screen. When it happens, all recordings stop. I had to do a reboot to get it rid of it.
Hey Dirt team, this is getting bad!! And really frustrating

I've been on the phone with Dish tech support for the same issue. Yesterday I did the partial reset and it fixed the timer issue. Last night when it did the nightly reboot all my timers disappeared. Dish tech had me do a partial reset again today and my timers are back and I can set a timer again but I just noticed a little while ago that the apps will not work. I hope the fix stays put when the nightly reboot runs tonight. Dish tech told me that they are aware of the issue and are working hard to fix it.

I'm having serious issues with timers and recordings, but is says I am on U 343 from Feb 9, seems like there have been problems since then.

Eta: how do I do a partial reset? I only see the option to "Reset to Factory Defaults", is there a sub-menu in there? I am afraid to click on it, I don't really want to do a full reset unless necessary as I haven't backed up my timers in a long time.
I believe so. When you click on reset to factory defaults then there is 4 options. Pick the partial one that says it saves timers.

The problem you and I are having are tied to changes in the guide, not a software update. I've been having problems for weeks with my PGA & LPGA recordings on 401. Guide data is completely screwed up. Been going on for quite sometime now. Look at the description of what you are trying to record compared to the old description. We've obviously got a new provider recently and they sure don't have their act together yet.

Reactions: JSheridan
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Called support and had do a partial reset which seems to have corrected the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news. Everything is working correctly today. The apps are working again. I still have my timers and I can create a timer. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way.

On 344 since last week and noticed no ptat or any other timers were recording last night, couldn't set timers manually either( timer creation error). After multiple reboots opted for partial reset and that fixed the problem. Been with Dish for 18 years but honestly thinking of trying something else when my contract is up. I know other providers have their issues also but I tied of half my bill or close to it is for equipment related fees for equipment I'm a guinea pig on. Alright vent over!!!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

This just started with me yesterday. Nothing recorded. On the phone with Dish, ended up doing that reset thing. Seemed to fix it but it didn't. Within minutes everything just went back to being all screwed up again. No timers, random black screen, can't record anything, can't search anything, etc. I called them back and demanded a new H3 receiver. They were telling me an update should be within a week or so. Well that is no good for me. Mostly everything we watch we watch from DVR recordings. I work 2 jobs, my wife works crazy hours so mostly we watch recordings at late night and weekends.

This is ridiculous. Dish needs to stop with the constant minor updates and just do one or two large major updates per year that are heavily tested. I am getting sick of Dish adding what amounts to nothing and breaking something else, this time something major. This needs to stop. I just want something that works and then leave it alone.

On the other thread, they are saying it's an issue with the new guide supplier not the software update (affects both 343 and 344). Demanding a new H3 isn't going to help.

It probably has something to do with the new guide info.

Sent from my XT1585 using the SatelliteGuys app!
Last night I am watching a movie, hit "Info" and about half of the normal information is gone. It would have the cast listed, but no photos or list of other shows the actor was in.

I am beginning to think that a whole lot of the problems reported over the last two days may be attributed to the crashes of Amazon Web Services. Who knows where the guides, the photos or other things gathered lay on the Internet? Maybe the Hopper could get a guide from a site unaffected, while the photos were on a server belonging to a AWS section that crashed.

Last night I am watching a movie, hit "Info" and about half of the normal information is gone. It would have the cast listed, but no photos or list of other shows the actor was in.

I am beginning to think that a whole lot of the problems reported over the last two days may be attributed to the crashes of Amazon Web Services. Who knows where the guides, the photos or other things gathered lay on the Internet? Maybe the Hopper could get a guide from a site unaffected, while the photos were on a server belonging to a AWS section that crashed.

The problem is that DISH has apparenty switched guide data providers from Gracenote to Rovi and the transition hasn't gone smoothly. ;)

The problem is that DISH has apparenty switched guide data providers from Gracenote to Rovi and the transition hasn't gone smoothly. ;)
Could be...but I don't like coincidences. Here's a couple of excerpts from USA Today about the Amazon Web Service outage:

AWS S3 is used by businesses both large and small. “More than anything else, S3 customers need to be able to get at their data, because often S3 is used to store images. So no S3, no nice picture or fancy logo on your website,” said Leong.

The effects of the outage varied depending on the site and how it used AWS. Modern websites usually pull data from multiple databases in the cloud that can be stored all over the world, so a photo might come from one place, a price list from another and a customer database from a third.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)