U934 . . .

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
I have been searching and haven't found anything except errors. The other night my H3's got the U934 update. Am I late or early . . . Does anyone know what it is suppose to do?

Both my Hopper 3's are still on 927. I will try manual upgrade Sunday. Too busy today and tomorrow putting a pellet grill together. Lots of fun.

Hmmm. Normally I'd think I was special. But this is D!SH, so I am leery . . . I'll be curious to see where this goes and what info comes up. I usually find out about Updates when "charlesrshell" posts the Button Guide for the latest FW.

Hmmm. Normally I'd think I was special. But this is D!SH, so I am leery . . . I'll be curious to see where this goes and what info comes up. I usually find out about Updates when "charlesrshell" posts the Button Guide for the latest FW.
I never get the initial upgrades any more. I find out from someone else and then do the upgrade tool. Real busy, maybe Sunday.

• Wow
Reactions: SandFarmer
I am starting to think that Dish is not rolling out the new software updates to everyone anymore. I reported in another thread that my sister's Wally got the U815 update shortly after U814 first came out. I never got U815 on any of my Wally receivers while I was still using that model. (I have since given up on Wally due to the issues my account was having with lack of DVR functionality on Wally receivers.) I even hooked up a rarely-used Wally that still had an outdated software version, and forced it to do a manual update. That Wally also downloaded U814, around a month after my sister got U815. Now, it sounds like SandFarmer is having the same experience with the Hopper 3 that my sister had with her Wally, getting the new version early while no one else here has it. Meanwhile, I did get the new Hopper Duo software version today, but I have not heard anything here about it, either. It is almost like Dish is randomly picking people (especially SatelliteGuys members) to be beta testers for the new software, but without giving us the perks that beta testers get.

I just tried to upgrade mine and it claimed it was already running the most recent. I am also on 927.
Updated both my Hopper 3s to U934 using the upgrade software tool. Will upgrade the color button list later today or tomorrow when I have a chance to check it. TheKrell here is my Upgrade Software sequence guideline if you need it. She is still fairly accurate.

Attachments

• 1 Software Update Sequence.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: TheKrell
Updated both my Hopper 3s to U934 using the upgrade software tool.

I just tried again on mine and instead of downloading anything, it just rebooted. Now it's downloading "program information".

Aha! After the second reboot, it is now definitely programming the receiver with new software. I thought the earlier message above was referring to the guide info.

Hooray! I am now on 934. I see no changes, though.

Last edited:
Was Dish Communities and Dish Headlines on Previous versions? I don't go into the apps enough to have noticed

Was Dish Communities and Dish Headlines on Previous versions? I don't go into the apps enough to have noticed
I have a Hopper Duo with U647. I have Dish Headlines, but not Dish Communities. The Dish Headlines app has been there for awhile, ever since college sports got cancelled earlier this year. It was previously the College Sports Multi-View.

Manually upgraded today. Can't see any difference so far in anything except the H3 Tools menu...there used to be 6 choices but now there are only 5. I don't know what disappeared but something did. Oh...and the Joeys updated, too.
I saw that too but don't remember what it is.

Manually upgraded today. Can't see any difference so far in anything except the H3 Tools menu...there used to be 6 choices but now there are only 5. I don't know what disappeared but something did. ...
I noticed the same thing on my Hopper Duo. I think they consolidated some options, since the descriptions for some of the remaining options seem different from what I remember seeing there before. In any event, the Wally always only had five options in the Tools menu. So, this change to the Hopper Duo moves the Upgrade Software tool from the lower-right corner to the lower-left corner, where I had always been used to seeing it on the Wally.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am starting to think that Dish is not rolling out the new software updates to everyone anymore. I reported in another thread that my sister's Wally got the U815 update shortly after U814 first came out. I never got U815 on any of my Wally receivers while I was still using that model. (I have since given up on Wally due to the issues my account was having with lack of DVR functionality on Wally receivers.) I even hooked up a rarely-used Wally that still had an outdated software version, and forced it to do a manual update. That Wally also downloaded U814, around a month after my sister got U815. ...
I finally got around to checking the software version on my sister's Wally today. She has U821, and it downloaded on July 21. This is a jump of 7 in the version number (from U814) similar to the jump on Hopper 3 (from U927 to U934) and Hopper Duo (from U640 to U647). So, this seems to further confirm my theory that the U815 that my sister had before was not an update that was intended for the general public, but rather an early beta release that she somehow received by mistake. Also, it confirms that she is still getting new regular software versions earlier than everyone else here, apparently.

I picked up U934 yesterday morning (07/31/2020) so I am trying the 6 & 2 TB drives connected at the same time. As I expected, the 2nd EHD (2 TB) is not seen while the 6 TB drive is connected. However, it was previously formatted, so maybe I need to wipe the EHD and let the Hopper 3 format it again.

Okay, the 2 TB Seagate SATA drive has been formatted under U934, but I’m sorry to say that my Hopper 3 still does not allow it to be seen with my 6 TB drive. The 2 TB EHD showed it had 1861 MB capacity, my 6 TB EHD shows 5585 MB. That’s all I am going to post about the EHDs here since this thread is about U934 changes and features.

I picked up U934 yesterday morning (07/31/2020) so I am trying the 6 & 2 TB drives connected at the same time. As I expected, the 2nd EHD (2 TB) is not seen while the 6 TB drive is connected. However, it was previously formatted, so maybe I need to wipe the EHD and let the Hopper 3 format it again.

Okay, the 2 TB Seagate SATA drive has been formatted under U934, but I’m sorry to say that my Hopper 3 still does not allow it to be seen with my 6 TB drive. The 2 TB EHD showed it had 1861 MB capacity, my 6 TB EHD shows 5585 MB. That’s all I am going to post about the EHDs here since this thread is about U934 changes and features.

I responded on the 8TB thread.. But I'll echo it here.

I got upgraded to U934 and both my 6TB and 2TB EHD's show up just a before. I think it may be your powered hub. Unplug it and use it as an unpowered hub. When I tried my old hub and had power plugged in, it would not work. If both of your EHD's have external power, then you don't need a powered hub so just unplug the power and reboot and see what happens.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Manually upgraded today. Can't see any difference so far in anything except the H3 Tools menu...there used to be 6 choices but now there are only 5. I don't know what disappeared but something did. Oh...and the Joeys updated, too.
Here's a picture of my Diagnostics - Tools screen with 6 choices.
20200801_225449[1].jpg

I tried the manual upgrade software button but my H3 just rebooted twice and went back to normal operation - no upgrade.

The bit about the Diagnostics - Tools screen losing 1 of the 6 choices (now 5):

The Backup Settings and Restore Settings buttons are gone, replaced by a Technician Settings button. Its caption says it does the same stuff with settings.

Apparently, they don't want us peons messing with this tech stuff anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts