U934 . . .

I have a Hopper Duo with U647. I have Dish Headlines, but not Dish Communities. The Dish Headlines app has been there for awhile, ever since college sports got cancelled earlier this year. It was previously the College Sports Multi-View.
Dish Communities appears to be all the streaming feeds

The bit about the Diagnostics - Tools screen losing 1 of the 6 choices (now 5):

The Backup Settings and Restore Settings buttons are gone, replaced by a Technician Settings button. Its caption says it does the same stuff with settings.

Apparently, they don't want us peons messing with this tech stuff anymore.
Just because it says 'Technician Settings' doesn't mean that you have to be a technician to use them. It's a simple consolidation. If you go to that setting, you will see the Backup and Restore buttons.

Bad news. With this version the fix I posted elsewhere for fixing the scrambled/pixellated Joeys doesn't work anymore (changing to an OTA station and switching back to a satellite station). I had to reboot the H3 twice because of this happening yesterday.

Thanks a lot, Dish! :mad:

Apparently they don't want us peons devising workarounds for long-time broken engineering issues anymore either. Roommates (that use the Joeys) are just furious--one of the calmest statements presented yesterday I can share here was "$120/month and Dish still can't get their [2 words censored] together after months and months"

The bit about the Diagnostics - Tools screen losing 1 of the 6 choices (now 5):

The Backup Settings and Restore Settings buttons are gone, replaced by a Technician Settings button. Its caption says it does the same stuff with settings.

Apparently, they don't want us peons messing with this tech stuff anymore.
If that's the case then they should get rid of Upgrade Software. Let the people at Dish do it on software updates, and let the Hopper do it when it comes time for it to be upgraded.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Manually upgraded today. Can't see any difference so far in anything except the H3 Tools menu...there used to be 6 choices but now there are only 5. I don't know what disappeared but something did. Oh...and the Joeys updated, too.

Yeh, me too. And I noticed the wording on the Remote Sync. It infers that it is now only one way from a previously sync'd remote to a new receiver and not to update the remote now. It could very well be an omission on D!SHs part and the functionality is still there but not discussed.

Receiver Page: Same

Status Page: Slight Visual Changes

Settings for Page: Reformatted

Tools: Major Changes. Panels and Icons Changed. One Panel is missing. Overall look is stark. All wording seems to imply that data and programming is only one way to or from another unit and not a dual function. More functionality upon a deeper dive.

History: Same

DISH Page: Seems cleaned up.

Whole Home: Sameish. The links 5, 6 and 7 are pretty much the same. But the resulting pages are a bit different.

Now this is only from my hollow remembrances.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Dish Communities appears to be all the streaming feeds
No one proof read the descriptions. And to me, this feels like an area that the efforts and energy could have been put to better use. Seems like something to taunt a lacking feature or could be a half-hearted attempt to satisfy a stupid FCC requirement. To cover up the fact that the real stuff that should be addressed, hasn't. Still.

Just checked and I'm seeing that when returning to the Hopper from Netflix, Prime Video UHD or YouTube is faster. Going to Netflix UHD is faster. To APV same. No UHD 4K from YouTube. Also still seeing that certain picture adjustments options on my TV are still being turned off when using Netflix or Prime Video. So I still have to pre-set certain options before using them. But I rarely use any of them off the H3. Overall PQ is better and picture options are still available when I use the on-board apps or my ATV4K.

Just checked and I'm seeing that when returning to the Hopper from Netflix, Prime Video UHD or YouTube is faster. Going to Netflix UHD is faster. To APV same. No UHD 4K from YouTube. Also still seeing that certain picture adjustments options on my TV are still being turned off when using Netflix or Prime Video. So I still have to pre-set certain options before using them. But I rarely use any of them off the H3. Overall PQ is better and picture options are still available when I use the on-board apps or my ATV4K.
It seems like such a waste to put all of these fancy apps on the H3, and then they never get used. Meanwhile, I use Netflix all of the time now on my Hopper Duo, and I would use YouTube quite frequently if I had it. I am just saying...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bad news. With this version the fix I posted elsewhere for fixing the scrambled/pixellated Joeys doesn't work anymore (changing to an OTA station and switching back to a satellite station). I had to reboot the H3 twice because of this happening yesterday.

Thanks a lot, Dish! :mad:

Apparently they don't want us peons devising workarounds for long-time broken engineering issues anymore either. Roommates (that use the Joeys) are just furious--one of the calmest statements presented yesterday I can share here was "$120/month and Dish still can't get their [2 words censored] together after months and months"
The thing is, if you want this issue to actually get fixed, then this may be a good thing. If I remember correctly, any time the receiver reboots, it sends a report to Dish of what it was doing before it rebooted. So, if they see that an issue is causing a large increase in the number of reboots, they will give it a higher priority to fix that issue. If the users are able to use a workaround to "fix" the issue themselves without doing a reboot, then it is less likely that Dish will notice the problem. Then, even if they do notice it, there will not be much of a priority on fixing it.

If that's the case then they should get rid of Upgrade Software. Let the people at Dish do it on software updates, and let the Hopper do it when it comes time for it to be upgraded.
I couldn't disagree more. If they take away the Upgrade Software tool, then any time word leaks out here about a new software version, there will be members here who are so impatient to get the new software that they will find some other way to force the update, such as doing a Boot Recovery, for example. Just think back to when the Carbon UI was still being developed, and members here found a way to download it even though it was not ready for the general public yet. In the case of forcing the update by a Boot Recovery as I mentioned above, this can cause more damage to the receiver (or at least the software in the receiver) than it fixes, and it may even cause new issues to appear that would not have happened if it hadn't been for the Boot Recovery. So, by providing the Upgrade Software tool, this gives users the feeling that they have some sense of control over when the receiver does the software update, or at least a way to check to see if the new software is available yet. It also provides a "safe" way to force the download, instead of causing users to seek some other method of forcing the download. So, it serves a purpose.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
It seems like such a waste to put all of these fancy apps on the H3, and then they never get used. Meanwhile, I use Netflix all of the time now on my Hopper Duo, and I would use YouTube quite frequently if I had it. I am just saying...

Well 95% of the time they won't load. They're always crashing, locking up or giving me some kind of error. I was using Netflix on the TV long before D!SH put in their boxes. They jack with my TV and kill settings that are needed to fix the PQ. The volume is +15-20dB than the regular D!SH fare and when switching back I get blasted. Using the apps that are already on the TV which are far better, made for the TV and then there's my TV4K, that has everything I want right there and when I ask Siri to find me something, I get what I ask for and I don't get all but YouTube clips. And everything I watch is in one app that I can easily scroll through and get the episode or series right where I left off. I'm just saying . . .

Well 95% of the time they won't load. They're always crashing, locking up or giving me some kind of error. I was using Netflix on the TV long before D!SH put in their boxes. They jack with my TV and kill settings that are needed to fix the PQ. The volume is +15-20dB than the regular D!SH fare and when switching back I get blasted. Using the apps that are already on the TV which are far better, made for the TV and then there's my TV4K, that has everything I want right there and when I ask Siri to find me something, I get what I ask for and I don't get all but YouTube clips. And everything I watch is in one app that I can easily scroll through and get the episode or series right where I left off. I'm just saying . . .
If everything you want for streaming is readily available on your TV, why are you complaining about the apps on Dish? Why are you event TRYING to use the apps on Dish?

If everything you want for streaming is readily available on your TV, why are you complaining about the apps on Dish? Why are you event TRYING to use the apps on Dish?
I have to admit I use my Roku for streaming. I understand what Dish is trying to do with integration but I'm just not interested in that kind of set top box functionality.

I'm not complaining. I'm "Remarking", since I started the thread I thought it would be "Accurate" to report what I discovered that I was hoping would be "fixed" in this release for those that might be interested "fixes" or "new to the boards" and be seeing this info for the first time or have seen my previous rants. BUT I have complained as have others about the volume and PQ between VOD, OD and Netflix or PV in the past so you should be use to it by now and just pass it by . . . Thank you for taking the time to complain about my complaint.

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
I'm not complaining. I'm "Remarking", since I started the thread I thought it would be "Accurate" to report what I discovered that I was hoping would be "fixed" in this release for those that might be interested "fixes" or "new to the boards" and be seeing this info for the first time or have seen my previous rants. BUT I have complained as have others about the volume and PQ between VOD, OD and Netflix or PV in the past so you should be use to it by now and just pass it by . . . Thank you for taking the time to complain about my complaint.
I was asking a question. Not "complaining about your complaint". Netflix has always been buggy. I'm not sure why you'd think a minor update that had few feature changes would suddenly fix that. ANd I think that if you have a 95% rate of not loading, then it's probably your Hopper since it's not a consistent issue across all users. I, personally, have had no issues with Prime, YouTube or Pandora. My Voice Remote does everything I need it to. And my picture looks fine, but then, I'm not someone who looks for every single pixel to be in 8K Detail. So is it general Hopper problems you have or a possible bad Hopper? Bad install? ISP issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts