U934 . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yup. It always happens when the OTA dongle is plugged in. And it doesn't matter which port either. This all started during the Meredith dispute when Dish gave us an OTA antenna. Like I mentioned in another post, we did have a truck roll after the OTA install to troubleshoot and the tech said it was a software issue and that Dish was aware of it. Also I have 2 dongles...one I bought (white AirTV) and the one Dish (black Dish) gave me and it happens with both.
Really! And the Air TV one, it has good ventilation around it? Because it was heat that caused the Joeys to pixelate

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yup. And all the Joeys themselves are well-ventilated too and not crammed in any cabinets or anything
Yours is a unique situation. The only thing I can think of is trying another adapter. Is the Dish one a Lark or the old Adapters they had?

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Yours is a unique situation. The only thing I can think of is trying another adapter. Is the Dish one a Lark or the old Adapters they had?
It looks just like the AirTV one except it's black and says Dish...the Dish tech attached it and unplugged my AirTV one when he installed the outdoor antenna. I've swapped them back and forth and same issue occurs. Just the standard 2-tuner dongle

Reactions: pattykay
Sigh.

So much for my considering the H3. And I only have single tuners on my two HWSes. But I record OTA on my Channel Masters, so it hardly matters.

It looks just like the AirTV one except it's black and says Dish...the Dish tech attached it and unplugged my AirTV one when he installed the outdoor antenna. I've swapped them back and forth and same issue occurs. Just the standard 2-tuner dongle
Yes, that is the Lark version. Like I said earlier, the only thing left to try would be to see if you can find one of the older models (smaller than the ones you have, with a detachable USB cable) and see if you get the same results.

Sigh.

So much for my considering the H3. And I only have single tuners on my two HWSes. But I record OTA on my Channel Masters, so it hardly matters.
The H3 works great and I usually don't have many headaches with it by itself but this OTA/Joey thing is a horse of a different color. In fact I'll be watching my own TV off the H3 when the roommates pop in about the stuttering Joeys. I've also ran diagnostics on the H3 when it's happening and, of course, they say "no issues"...links are strong, no errors, etc.

Reactions: joegr
Sigh.

It's not the H3. I have the Lark Adapter with mine and never have a problem. I see them in the field all the time and same, no problem. DJ's is probably something in his setup, but isolating it is difficult

Reactions: navychop
It's not the H3. I have the Lark Adapter with mine and never have a problem. I see them in the field all the time and same, no problem. DJ's is probably something in his setup, but isolating it is difficult

I agree. I have no issues with OTA reception on my J3's. I can scan in over 70 channels.

Over the past couple of FW versions OTA recording haven't played back well. Lots of audio drops. The recording is intact, but playback is a mess. More so last night on Grandma's H3. I did a "Pull the Plug" Power Cycle and playback is great now. But for how long? It's especially important now that we have to use OTA on that channel which is one in the dispute...

The dongles we have are the black ones with D!SH molded in it. They really haven't been a problem themselves. My antenna, which I have posted pics of, is capable of 75 miles. Our towers are 15 miles away. It's the playback on the H3s. Especially after updates.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Two updates in a short amount of time. Not sure if I should be scared or not...

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Maybe they had a backlog of minor issues that needed to be fixed, that accumulated during the two months without a new software version. So, now they are finally starting to get caught back up. :)

Maybe they had a backlog of minor issues that needed to be fixed, that accumulated during the two months without a new software version. So, now they are finally starting to get caught back up. :)

Perhaps. But it's notoriously normal to be weary of updates. So that's why I ask about two in such short order. So far of either H3 have not shown any new issues that could be associated with the updates. I'm just seeing the visual changes.

Wish they would tighten up the Guide data supply, for certain channels there are severe issues that they have dealt with. But don't always, then the providers would make a genius move in labeling programming that makes timers perfect. Then the same type of series programming happens again, they fail as do the timers. AND trying to record a program that timer failed to activate, I should be able just press the Record Button. But two, three thousand times!! before it will start recording. AND I have noticed that you can no longer be in a program that you have been watching or the DVR has been playing the program from the beginnning and when you hit record get the whole program from the beginning as we could for a while. Even skipping back to the beginning like we had to in the "good ol' days" doesn't always work either. I was hoping that these updates would address this. That's what I get for hoping . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)