UCLA basketball

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
With the basketball season starting tonight, I am looking for information. I am a UCLA fan and have watched all their games in past years by taking the sports package. With the new Pac-12 network this year, I was wondering what I needed to do to get their games on T.V. The way I understand it, they will have 12-15 games on Pac-12 network. I have a 622 receiver and the top 200 package. Will I get those games on the Pac-12 channel, an alternate channel, or do I need to upgrade my receiver or package to watch on line. Any help would be appreciated.

larryf said:
With the basketball season starting tonight, I am looking for information. I am a UCLA fan and have watched all their games in past years by taking the sports package. With the new Pac-12 network this year, I was wondering what I needed to do to get their games on T.V. The way I understand it, they will have 12-15 games on Pac-12 network. I have a 622 receiver and the top 200 package. Will I get those games on the Pac-12 channel, an alternate channel, or do I need to upgrade my receiver or package to watch on line. Any help would be appreciated.

I would recommend using the Game Finder tool which will tell you what games are available as well as what channels.

http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

If you are receiving the Pac-12 network today with the Multi-Sports package you will see any game that is on the network. Depending upon how many games may be going at the time you will see these games either on the main network channel or on one of the 4 Pac-12 Alternate channels.

Do you know if these games are in HD. At present I am not subscribed to the sports pack, but will if the channels are HD. thanks.

There was some ambiguity about whether all Pac12 men's basketball games would be in HD. But so far, every game has been. Good news.

I think Dish is the only provider that shows all Pac12 games live. The other providers just show 2 networks (the national network and the respective regional channel) and thus can only show 2 games at a time. If there are 3 games going on at the same time, they miss one. With Dish, you get them all. Pretty good deal. My only wish is the channel was full time HD.

The ambiguity was in the very beginning when only the main channel was put up. Since then the 4 alternate channels went up as well and we see every game. Very much the same as the Big 10 Network.

As other folks have noted, if your UCLA game is not on the main channel, it should appear on one of the alternate channels. If I recall the original statements, this will be for football and men's basketball.

As for HD, here in Hawaii we only receive the SD feed for PAC12 but the HD channel listings show up in our guide. I have seen the games listed as being in HD.

Again, according to what I recall from the original statements when carriage of PAC12 first began, they said "most" men's basketball games would be in HD.

Don't forget that you can also see the games on the PAC12 Networks website now that our DISH accounts can authorize us there. BTW, the iphone app to watch PAC12 Network has been working pretty well for me (although some reviews said that folks were having problems).