UFC PPVs: How Long Should You Be Able to Watch Them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Some Guy Named Bob

Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Michigan
My wife and I enjoy watching UFC shows and get all their pay-per-views. We have young children, and I require less sleep, so usually we'll start watching the live show at 10 PM, then at some point my wife will have to go to bed, then I'll finish watching the show, and then the next evening after the kids go to bed we'll finish watching the part of the show she didn't see.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to expect for our $55, right? We don't sound like criminals or anything, right?

Well, normally this works. Occasionally though, the PPV is not watchable by the next evening. Years ago, it would saying "searching for authorized content" and not find any. Lately, though, it gives some nonsensical message about the channel not being subscribed to.

Calling customer support has been a joke. I've gotten answers from, yeah, it should be there for quite a while, to it should be there for 24 hours, to a guy yelling at me (seriously) that it gets deleted one hour after the show ends and I should be grateful I have that extra hour in which to finish watching it because legally they don't have to even provide that.

I have had it politely suggested to me that if I want to engage in this watching pattern, then I should simply spend $110 and order the show twice.

Does anyone know the official policy of DirecTV on this? I can't find it anywhere on their site. Their reps seems to always tell me something different, which leads me to believe they don't know it either.

I always buy my shows, but at this point I feel their official policy seems to be "convince our customers they're complete suckers if they're not watching via illegal stream".

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

I think at one point a ppv was available for 24 hours, but that may have changed. It sucks that you can't get a straight answer from Directv.

i've ordered every UFC ppv since 2005 on directv, never had any issue watching it later. i order on the website, and i am able to watch them until i delete them from my dvr. not sure why it isn't working for you. how do you order the event, remote or online?

Also, how in the heck can your wife go to bed during the ppv?! Please tell me she didn't go to bed before the Silva Weidman fight

I order on website DVR it then I watch it over and over until I get tired and delete it. :)

I think it depends on the provider. My TIVO's automatically deletes these PPV's approximately 3 hours after they air. It sucks as I went to re watch one the next day and it wasn't there. This was on Cable, NOT Directv.

It changes back and forth. They do the 24 he rule on the big 4 WWE PPVs usually but for some random reason it happened to me last week for that PPV as well.

No real set rule unfortunately.

Sounds all sorts of stupid to me. You paid big money for it, if you wanted to copy it and share it you'd simply use a hauppauge to do so right after downloading it so these rules only hurt legit consumers. No reason for it to ever expire until you delete it.

Then again that might make to much sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)