UFL 2009 Season

All I can say is.. Hook um Tuskers!

or

Rout um Tuskers.

hmm

Snout um uskers....

I dunno could we have gotten a name any gayer?

Aww well itll be nice to have a cheap football game to attend in town. However this Sat ill be to busy watching some other game to watch.

Apparently you'll be able to watch the first game online - United Football League (UFL) - Where The Future Stars Come to Play!

One of the larger fan run sites put out some 'all star' preseason list:

THE “INSIDE THE UFL” ALL-UFL PRESEASON TEAM

OFFENSE
QB – J.P. Losman (LV)
RB – Cory Ross (CA)
FB – Andrew Pinnock (FL)
WR – Bobby Sippio (CA)
WR – Chas Gessner (FL)
TE – Jermaine Wiggins (FL)
T – Rob Petitti (FL)
T – Seth Wand (FL)
G – PJ Alexander (FL)
G – Frank Davis (LV)
C – Mike Mabry (CA)

DEFENSE
DE – Josh Savage (FL)
DE – Simeon Rice (NY)
DT – Claude Wroten (FL)
DT – Jason Stewart (CA)
LB – Odell Thurman (FL)
LB – Dontarrious Thomas (CA)
LB – Rian Wallace (NY)
DB – Jeremy Unertl (CA)
DB – Fakhir Brown (FL)
DB – Dexter Jackson (FL)
DB – Tony Parrish (LV)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K – Graham Gano (NY)
P – Todd Sauerbrun (FL)
KR – B.J. Sams (CA)

Pre-season all stars? I don't recognize most of these names.

Well he wasn't tonight. We won but he was the only reason it was in doubt. He had 2 fumbles as a result of QB pressure and lost one of them.

Fun stuff, but only 15k of the 30k stadium filled, they announced every seat in the house is $10 for next game, I hope the place is packed.

Winning helps too. Locos over California 30-17.

Wow the Locos played better then the Winless teams in the NFL this year LOL

i didn't get to see the game for obvious reasons, but I didn't see any highlights for it. was it entertaining or worse than the xfl?

Larger crowd and fun gimmicks for the XFL, in person it was more entertaining, yes. In fact the XFL was doing so much at the venues, it sucked horribly on TV.

This is better football IMO.

Game was a feeble 0.25 in the ratings, but still better than NHL games on the same channel.

If DirecTV still carried Versus it'd have probably gotten a little bit of a bump.

2nd game is tonight at 7pm EST on HDNet.

From PFT:

The game will feature several former NFL players with recognizable names, including, for Florida, running back Tatum Bell, quarterback Brooks Bollinger, cornerback Fakhir Brown, defensive end Patrick Chukwurah, receiver Doug Gabriel, defensive back (and former Super Bowl MVP) Dexter Jackson, running back Michael Pittman, punter Todd Sauerbrun, defensive lineman Darrion Scott, guard Charles Spencer, linebacker Odell Thurman, tight end Jermaine Wiggins, running back Quincy Wilson, and defensive tackle Claude Wroten.

The New York roster includes cornerback Tra Battle, quarterback Quinn Gray, quarterback Ingle Martin, defensive end Simeon Rice, receiver Koren Robinson, and receiver Craphonso Thorpe.

The game will be available on HDNet, beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET.

Week 2 starts tomorrow, if this thing fails it wont be because of bad football, but because of bad marketing, nobody even knows this is going on it seems.

WEEK 2

October 14, 2009
Florida Tuskers vs. Las Vegas Locomotives
6:00PM PST - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV

October 17, 2009
New York Sentinels vs. California Redwoods
6:00PM PST - AT&T Park - San Francisco, CA

A quick update...

So the championship game was clinched by a 2nd team last week, making both games this week irrelevant. The 3-2 LV Locos are hosting the 5-0 Florida Tuskers the day after Thanksgiving.

Only thing making this week worth watching for Locos fans is the newly signed Shaun Smith, to see if he can break any faces his first game, if he even plays tomorrow and keep the California Redwoods without a win this season. The Tuskers also get to try and become the first undefeated team for the UFL's regular season.

Tuskers have beat the Locos twice, the second time in Florida it was a good and close game. Now with the Locos hosting the championship game (something that's never happened in the NFL and has happened in the UFL year 1, lol) they get to try and give them their first loss.

2 new franchises are expected to be announced next week, with LA and Hartford being the expected locations. The schedule is expected to be expanded to 10 games and start in September, with a UFL draft the week prior to the NFL draft.

They announced that during the 2nd home game a month ago. They were concerned about ticket sales because it was supposed t be a 'home game' for the Locos... the only game they'd be playing there this season... so made more sense to keep it in Vegas and just give LA their own team next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts