Uh oh I need a new bulb

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Hey guys just turned on my Sony kds-50a2000 and got a message that the bulbs life was going to end soon and that it needed to be replaced. So now I have to questions how long do I have once I have received that till it goes completely dead? And where's the best place to buy a bulb?

This is mine Sony KDF-55E2000 Projection TV reviews - CNET Reviews

I got that message about 2 weeks ago and just got my replacement yesterday via UPS..So it lasted those two weeks and was still going. Problem is this was my 2nd bulb in that two weeks, because I thought they sent me a bad one..Appears that message is still popping up even after putting two new ones in, so There may be another problem for somewhere else..Although the picture certainly is brighter and much more crisp that message is still there.

I also bought mine here..https://www.electrified.com

This is mine Sony KDF-55E2000 Projection TV reviews - CNET Reviews

I got that message about 2 weeks ago and just got my replacement yesterday via UPS..So it lasted those two weeks and was still going. Problem is this was my 2nd bulb in that two weeks, because I thought they sent me a bad one..Appears that message is still popping up even after putting two new ones in, so There may be another problem for somewhere else..Although the picture certainly is brighter and much more crisp that message is still there.

I also bought mine here..https://www.electrified.com

Did you reset the bulblife timer?

S~

I reset the TV how do I reset the bulb life timer?

Step 10 of the Lamp replacement instructions on page 78 in your Manual states:

Select the Lamp Replacement option (MENU > Settings > Setup menu) and follow the on-screen procedure.

That should do it. :)

The message doesn't necessarily mean that the lamp is bad. It simply means that it's old (has certain number of hours). So, you better get the new lamp ordered, just in case. But don't hurry replacing it yet until you notice any significant problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts