uHD Max HD Size, Erratic DVB-S2 Signals etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TvMind

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
Montreal
Hi folks sorry to post here but this really is a C-Band related not pirate / hack / DVB nonsense.

I forgot how big a drive (ext. USB) this box can format and record to. Up to now I have used a 1 TB drive. But it's full and I want to keep the programming on it (Got the usual SATA "crash" at > 80 % so stop recording to it - but it's all there TOC is probably corrupted (verified with laptop) .

Also , unrelated is there something I can about those unsteady DVD S2 signals on my aging system (peaked and running an ancient but reliable C-band lnb) .Or I am wasting my time and money ? Is this an SR issue? Old lnb can't handle it . I will try to post more specific info if needed ( I am watching Satmex S6 at 113. Following Earthquake and practicing my Spanish '-)

Oh. have modified my uHD with RCA jacks for composite video and stereo out - yes it's tight back there but managed it - with shielded cable and ferrite beads but still get terrible ghosting (still much better than that silly breakout cable they provide (too thin). I will hook it up to a 720p Panasonic plasma this week but was wondering what is the maximum length I can use. Setup is further away.

Last Q'n, I promise. I seem to remember that when I first got this receiver I was able to change TV resolution from the remote without going in the menu each time I want to go from LB to P&S ( Remember I am on analog TV (90% of shows I watch are from the 50's!!), so can't set "auto". It's a compromise, on 4:3 SD content it's fine , on HD 16:9 I lose sides (it looks terrible in HD widescreen on this old 32" Panasonic Gaoo).

Last edited:
Never mind about the hard drive max. I downloaded the manual and it it's 2 TB (never tried more than 1 TB so not sure how accurate or reliable this - or practical.).

Btw I have changed out the noisy switching power supply (washing out my HF reception) for a nice hefty linear wall wart.
Much quieter but ghosting still there (beginning to think it's RFI from cheap plastic case. Time to spray with conductive paint on inside me thinks. Or better still a metal project box replete with I/O analog jacks. Now it might stay put under all that cable weight ;-)

Never mind about the hard drive max. I downloaded the manual and it it's 2 TB (never tried more than 1 TB so not sure how accurate or reliable this - or practical.).

I have 4 2TB Fantom drives and 3 are full and the other one is at 60%, and I've never had a problem with any of them. I just ordered 2 more. I get them off EBay. There are some really crappy hard drives out there that you should avoid. I use nothing but Western Digital Purple drives in surveillance systems. You may want to give the Fantom drives a whirl. Cant beat them for the money.

Fantom Drives Gforce3 Pro 2TB 7200 RPM USB 3.0 Aluminum External Hard Drive (... | eBay

Status
Please reply by conversation.