Is it just me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
Need to check to be sure that it is just me. KRBK is pixalating and the Q is jumping around about 5 points. It makes it just about unwatchable. This is the ONLY frequency doing this on 99W. Have tried those close to same frequency on 97W and 101W and don't see it there.

I have had this now for 2 or more months. Had just thought was nasty weather in their neck of the woods. Lightning puts out some big and all over the place frequencies. But, now I'm starting to think T.I.. However, thought I should check to see that I am the only one having issues with them, before spending much time trying to locate and or filter out.

There is really nothing there that I can't get on another bird.

Thanks in advance.

Can't move a dish right now to check but I can verify the weather has not been an issue for almost a month, been clear and cool here, no rain for 3 weeks straight. We did have some storms roll through yesterday.

Need to check to be sure that it is just me. KRBK is pixalating and the Q is jumping around about 5 points. It makes it just about unwatchable. This is the ONLY frequency doing this on 99W. Have tried those close to same frequency on 97W and 101W and don't see it there.

I have had this now for 2 or more months. Had just thought was nasty weather in their neck of the woods. Lightning puts out some big and all over the place frequencies. But, now I'm starting to think T.I.. However, thought I should check to see that I am the only one having issues with them, before spending much time trying to locate and or filter out.

There is really nothing there that I can't get on another bird.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issues on several channels, MeTV (KRBK), Movies the 3813 MUX, ION and the 4120 (ABC MUX). None of these channels had enough signal to stay locked. They were virtually non-existent. I hadn't got THIS, the Caribbean or Puerto Rican channel or COZI TV for months. I ordered a C1-PLL LNB from Titanium with the wifi filters, installed it and got them back. I am now getting an 85/77 signal level on KRBK and Movies. The signal on the 3813 MUX is running lower, but it's staying locked and watchable.

I didn't have enough signal on there before to see if I could do a minor tune up on the dish to improve the signal level, but now I can tweak the dish to see if it helps. We were suspicious of TI, but wasn't certain until I changed the LNB. It was one of those trial and error project that panned out. Just curious. What kind of a signal level are you getting on THIS, the PR Channel and the Caribbean channel?

The Caribbean mux, is running 72 to 73 Q on an Amiko A3, and very solid. The KRBK is running 77 - 84 bouncing the five to six points. I may of spotted my offending T.I. source, waiting to find out when installed. Neighbor across the way, about right angle to possibly enter feed horn, has a wireless antenna on their roof, that I don't remember seeing before. (Not seeing it or remembering seeing it doesn't mean much though.) In theory, shouldn't be them, but RF will do some weird stuff.

It is the only thing affected and as I said before, nothing I can't get on another bird. Just the hassle of changing satellites. You know, having to push a few more buttons. :)

Ah, KRBK has been a problem off and on recently for many here including me!! I've got two 10ft systems sitting within 20 feet of each other and one will pixilate and the other will not on that same KRBK channel?? And nope, I never have figured it out and neither has anyone else that I remember.

Well here is one for the digital world. Thought why not try different receiver just to see. Guess what, the el-cheapo V7 is playing it just fine. Will try for a while and post back.

Edit:

Well, it could be that they fixed the issue and it wasn't on my end. The A3 is playing it fine right now. So.... time will tell.

Last edited:
10' dish with an Icecrypt receiver and that mux has always been a solid lock even in a downpour. Not the strongest transponder I've seen but never had a problem with it breaking up either.

Was breaking up badly tonite just before Hogans Heros was set to record,and I rarely have problems with this mux.

Mine was breaking up last night also, and I just installed a new LNB with the WiMax filters. I looked at the signal level and it was at 65/58. Later last night, the signal level went to 80/78, and it was working fine. Even Movies was breaking up. Strange to say the least.

Took some time this morning to do some more testing, since KRBK was acting up again. I had started to think that maybe it was my Amiko A3 starting to fail, so decided to get out the SAB Android box (A3 with different label) to see. Hooked it up and got exactly the same thing. The Freesat V7 showed it stable as a rock.

So, I am guessing that it is either an Ali Chipset thing or something in the software of the Android boxes.

Anyone, have other thoughts?

The only STB I currently use is the Icecrypt and that mux has always been solid and strong ever since I put up the 10' dish. Matter of fact a few years ago when I was playing with the 1.2meter dish with the C-band lnb I could occasionally get that mux and it was watchable for awhile. Pixellating for sure but if it wasn't windy out it was a watchable picture if you tweaked it just right and held your breath.

Does anyone know anything about the ZGemma H7 receiver tek2000 sells? The specs look good, but I can't find much on it. At $279.00, I'd like to get the poop on it before purchasing one.

I had the same feeling. Might read this thread: [OTHER] - 4.2.2 Receiver??

I was more interested in the 4.2.2 aspect. You might look at the model under the one we are discussing. It looked like pretty much the same, but no 4.2.2 and about $100 cheaper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts