GEOSATpro uHD unresponsive after deleting G19 channels...

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Wonder if this has happened to anyone else... Wanted to re-scan 97W Ku so I deleted the channels. As soon as I hit the delete button the uHD basically went dead... no OSD. Light on the front was still green (and stays green) when plugging in, but no OSD shows up. Tried the composite cable and same thing, no output. Also tried a different TV to make sure.

Thought I would try the internal cable software load method so see what happens. Nothing seems to load.

No smoky smell when open on the bench... so I don't think I let the smoke out...

Going to miss the poor little receiver! :(

It's good the LEDs are green. Did you perform a factory reset? That might take away whatever HDMI video setting you had and default to 480i that you should easily get on the composite.

Some users reported deleting items caused the dreaded boot loop syndrome. When this occurs the LEDs flash green and red every several seconds as it attempts to boot.

Hi Corrado, not sure how to do a factory reset, can't access the gui as it doesn't seem to do anything (boot up etc). Wish it did have a re-set button though.

The HDMI and composite cable are fine, was originally connected using the HDMI, tried the composite once I realized something major was wrong.

Did a recovery using the cable maybe 18 months ago and that worked fine, but I can't get the computer to see the uHD this time. Loaded latest s/w on a USB stick and tried that just for fun, of course no work.

Set up one of my Ultras on the same system and it works fine. Not sure what triggered this episode, would be nice to figure that out. It was inside an enclosure but there is a fan inside venting to the outside which seems to keep the temperature down nicely.

Have you checked Voltage on the power supply, just as a last check, before you give up on it. If voltage is too low green light will still illuminate, but not enough power for the rest of the circuits.

Dave, I guess I really checked that first, tried another (13.8v) power supply and symproms did not change. Original p/s puts out 13v open circuit. Power connector on the uHD works with a number of (wall warts) I have kicking around, nice to have the standardized connector.
Not sure I want to give up on it... might just be a matter of hitting the ok button on the computer at the right time... I've lucked out on this sort of thing before. Might let it sit for a few days and try again when I have more time. Have to go and play marine mechanic today and get my buddy's fishing boat going. Hoping to have some fresh pickerel for dinner! :)

Took three tries but got the uHD to recognize firmware loaded via the rescue cable. Scanned 125w on stationary dish, got the motorized 1m dish working but no LNBF output there, checked with sathero and LNB is ok so will try replacing cable between LNBF and (new) diseqc.... cable worked so all 100%, scanning the clarke belt again!
Can mark this solved.
Tnx Dave for the quick cable delivery!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)