UHF Only, WHAT!

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I just discovered that Dish really wanted to pimp anyone that wants to use their universal remote with the Hopper 3. The Dish remote only sends out UHF and not infrared. So that makes it impossible to teach your universal remote. What a bummer.....

The Hopper 3 can be set for infrared reception in the Remote Settings in the Menu. At that point, any older model infrared Dish remote (with the Remote Address set to 1) would work to control the Hopper 3. Then, you could use that older remote to teach your universal remote. I still have some older infrared Dish remotes if you would like one to use for this purpose.

crodrules,
I just came back here to state I discovered just what you stated. I found one of my old removes. A 21.1 and it is switchable to IR and with Hopper 3 IR on many of the old remote commands are working. YIPPIE!
Thanks for the answer.

Also, Harmony has all the command codes available for programming. I use my Harmony One with my Hopper 3 and did not have to learn any codes from the 54.0 Dish remote. Selecting the Hopper as a device in the Harmony programming application makes all of them available.

I couldn't live without my tried and true die hard Harmony One! It's IR only. Best remote they ever made. The new ones that require the hub (I have the Elite) suck (IMHO). Lag time is awful!

I even have a brand new Harmony One still in it's box in my closet in case one of my 4 existing ones (2 for downstairs, 2 for upstairs - His and Hers) goes bad.

I couldn't live without my tried and true die hard Harmony One! It's IR only. Best remote they ever made. The new ones that require the hub (I have the Elite) suck (IMHO). Lag time is awful!

I even have a brand new Harmony One still in it's box in my closet in case one of my 4 existing ones (2 for downstairs, 2 for upstairs - His and Hers) goes bad.
I wish I would have purchased two when I got my remote. You and others will get a good giggle when I state mine is a Philips Pronto Pro TSU7000/37. IMHO it IS the best remote ever made. Because you set it up the exact way you want it to look. When it dies I think I will cry for a while.

Reactions: eddie willers
I wish I would have purchased two when I got my remote. You and others will get a good giggle when I state mine is a Philips Pronto Pro TSU7000/37. IMHO it IS the best remote ever made. Because you set it up the exact way you want it to look. When it dies I think I will cry for a while.

Actually, I liked the Pronto a lot as well!

I wish I had bought another Harmony One when they are still available, Mine works perfectly but the battery door is getting a little loose, I think the stepkids have dropped it a few times. I will keep using it until it dies, I bought a couple spare batteries for it as well.

Yep. I don’t get but a very few years out of each Harmony. But they’re great!

My Harmony One is about 13 years old. One of the back-lit buttons flickers and the battery door is a little loose but it still works great. I hope it doesn't break, I think I would have to look for a used one online to replace it.

I wish I had bought another Harmony One when they are still available, Mine works perfectly but the battery door is getting a little loose, I think the stepkids have dropped it a few times. I will keep using it until it dies, I bought a couple spare batteries for it as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-H...302339&hash=item2642dc7f9e:g:T~8AAOSw-01fMHu7
Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote Control 97855056573 | eBay

There are also a few others on there. This one, at least says refurbished!

Reactions: olds403

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)