UHF or VHF after switch overs?

The ABC affiliate in Buffalo WKBW-TV is currently on Channel 7 (analog), broadcasting 97.7 kW. After the transition, it will stay on channel 38.1. WNGS-TV is a sub-channel 38.2 and will revert to digital channel 7 in June at 15.5 kW. Currently, I can view the analog signal with a UHF flying arrow SFA-1483S (http://www.wade-antenna.com/Wade/UHF Antennas.pdf) but it's snowy. Will I be forced to install a VHF antenna to view this station?

If you want to receive WNGS in Toronto your UHF only antenna will be inadequate.

Thanks Tower Guy,

I have a separate VHF/UHF combo on a tower that is stuck in the north position. The rotor is basically gone. In the summer I will have an opportunity to deal will this problem and this will rectify the problem.

I guess the safest bet for people who are considering to install an antenna, install a VHF/UHF combo.

The ABC affiliate in Buffalo WKBW-TV is currently on Channel 7 (analog), broadcasting 97.7 kW. After the transition, it will stay on channel 38.1. WNGS-TV is a sub-channel 38.2 and will revert to digital channel 7 in June at 15.5 kW. Currently, I can view the analog signal with a UHF flying arrow SFA-1483S (http://www.wade-antenna.com/Wade/UHF Antennas.pdf) but it's snowy. Will I be forced to install a VHF antenna to view this station?

If analog channel 7 currently is 97.7kW is snowy, then a reduction in power to only 15.5kW combined with CKCO in London is also using channel 7 but only untill the Canadian transition takes place then CBLFT in London will be broadcasting on channel 7. Now, hopefully WNGS owned by Equity will avoid bankrupcy and be allowed to transition to channel 7. But this is in question. Also when they do transition to channel 7, hopefully they will not have to use a directional pattern antenna to keep their signal from entering Canada.
On a positive note, their signal is currently available via satellite on G18, in the clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)