UHF Pro Remote Intermittent Problem

foof1tr

Original poster
Apr 28, 2014
Magic Valley, Idaho
I have a VIP722k receiver. The problem involves my 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote (the TV1 non-uhf remote has no problems - and is honestly, rarely in use).
The remote, at seemingly random times will not function without a non-stop trial and error of pointing at every possible direction in the room. Even when I find a spot that works, it doesn't necessarily work 10 minutes later.
This dysfunction will appear, and again disappear, out of nowhere with each incident (functioning or not) lasting as little as a few hours to as long as a couple of days.
I have tried resetting the receiver, changing the remote address, and turning off anything and everything that could possibly be causing interference - all to no avail.
I don't think that extending the antenna with coax will be helpful in my situation as I could feasibly only extend it a couple of feet to avoid crossing over doorways, etc.
Other info to note: Even right after changing batteries, the "remote battery low" often comes up on the screen.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for reading my post!

Last edited:
Do this...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1398686225832.jpg
    1398686225832.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 212
Do this...

Another fix is to extend the antenna with a length of coax and attach a cheap dollar store antenna-mine cost $5. If neither of these "fixes" works pick up another 21.0 remote from ebay. They're pretty inexpensive.

Ed

Other info to note: Even right after changing batteries, the "remote battery low" often comes up on the screen.

since its tv 1 sounds like you have a bad remote.

Do this...

this

for tv 2 then there is a set up called joe's magic I install this regularly on those tv2's that have some distance away from the receiver.
you need 2 splitters and you need some short coax cables 4 of them total (well any length will do).
To start remove the antenna and disconnect the cable from the home distribution network off the back of the 722 receiver, then you hook a coax to the home distribution port and to the coax port where the normal little antenna goes(save the antenna) and connect those to the two out ports on the splitter and the input port you connect with coax from there to the home distribution port on the triplexer. then take the other splitter and antenna go to your tv 2 disconnect the coax from back of tv connect it to the input port on the splitter connect the antenna to one port and take the other coax and hook it to your tv port.

this will solve tv 2 remotes having control issues.

Last edited:
LED TV's auto picture enhancements are known to cause interference....back lighting, auto bright....try turning them off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts