uhf remote for tv 2

tkorcal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I have had dish for one year now. My UHF remote for tv 2 just started acting up. Will change two stations then wont do anything. I went to where the antennae is and tried to change the station, nothing. I do nothing for a while then try again and I get a couple of button pushes that do some thing like bring up the guide or change the channel, then it quits working again. Has my remote quit workig or is it possibly a different problem?
Thanks in advance.

Agreed, check the batteries first. Before you actually replace them, just open the cover and "roll" them around a bit while still in place. Sometimes the contacts oxidize enough that the connection is too weak, especially if the environment is humid, and the rolling will temporarily "clean" them enough to make a difference. I have this problem frequently with the remotes in my greenhouse! If that doesn't work then replace the batteries. A year of consistent performance (depending of course on how much you use the remote) is on the high side, so they have served you well...

I'm having similar problems with my TV2 UHF remote. The remote turns the TV on and off and controls the sound. But it will not "operate" with my 622. Won't change channels, bring up the guide, nothing. Worked about a week ago (don't use this particular TV too often).

I check the remote address and it is correct. Changed the batteries.....nothing. Fiddled with the UHF antenna.....nothing. Added a coax cable to extend the antenna outside my entertainment center......again nothing.

Not sure what else to try.

I'm having similar problems with my TV2 UHF remote. The remote turns the TV on and off and controls the sound. But it will not "operate" with my 622. Won't change channels, bring up the guide, nothing. Worked about a week ago (don't use this particular TV too often).

I check the remote address and it is correct. Changed the batteries.....nothing. Fiddled with the UHF antenna.....nothing. Added a coax cable to extend the antenna outside my entertainment center......again nothing.

Just wanted to re-iterate my above question. I had posting problems and I'm not sure that the helpful Satellite gurus on this site saw my question/dilema.

This is obvious but have to ask. Have you pressed the SAT button on the top and see if it controls the 622?

This is obvious but have to ask. Have you pressed the SAT button on the top and see if it controls the 622?

Yeppers. SAT button pressed before trying any of the 622 receiver buttons. I still got nothin'.

I've tried changing the remote 2 address. The remote itself recognizes the change (SAT button flashed number of times equal to the new number input), but the SYSTEM INFO on-screen"will not reflect the change. So I changed the remote 2 address back to the default 12 it was originally set at. Still won't work.

When I turn the TV on, I get a satellite picture (last channel it was on before the remote quit working). Just cannot change the channels.

Yeppers. SAT button pressed before trying any of the 622 receiver buttons. I still got nothin'.

I've tried changing the remote 2 address. The remote itself recognizes the change (SAT button flashed number of times equal to the new number input), but the SYSTEM INFO on-screen"will not reflect the change. So I changed the remote 2 address back to the default 12 it was originally set at. Still won't work.

When I turn the TV on, I get a satellite picture (last channel it was on before the remote quit working). Just cannot change the channels.

And your Dish system info shows the same, correct. Do you have any other UHF remote to test? You checked your remote antenna is properly connected. Batteries are fresh.

Note there were some early runs of receiver that had wires that were not fully connected and came loose (somewhere on this site someone describes how to reconnect them, power off of course). And of course your remote may be defective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)