UHF Rermote Problem

ericmn1

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
UHF Remote Problem

I have a Dish 522 receiver and have dual mode enable so i can watch seperate programming on my 2nd TV. I also split the line from the 2nd TV. I did this so I could watch programming in the family room and bedroom. I purchased an additional Uhf remote off of Ebay so i could control the 3rd tv. (I was assured it would work on my system). It looks slightly different then my default uhf remote. The button says PVR instead of DVR and the button layouts are slighty different. Anyway I can't seem to get the remote to work in Uhf mode. It will work to control TV1 in IR mode but nothing else. I even tried changing the channel on the remote but it will still only work in IR mode. Is there anything else I can try or is it a bad remote?

I did change the address. Sorry in my original post i said that I changed the channel I meant the address.

I took the UHF remote to the receiver used the IR remote and went into the setup where it shows the address. However; when i do the address change procedure it changes the address for IR not UHF. I have tried it a 1/2 dozen times and each time the channel changes for IR not UHF. It would appear to me that the remote I purchased might be defective on the UHF portion. Does this seem correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)