UHF signal for both remotes??

cc10911

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
SE Michigan
I kind of have a unique situation in that I want to get Dish service for our rv but my problem is that I need to have the receiver concealed in a front cabinet in our motorhome. We only need SD viewing and in looking at the receivers available it seems that only the 2nd tv can be controlled with a uhf remote. Is there anyway possible to have both remotes operate via uhf??? I could probably get the receiver out of the cabinet but it would require running a lot of extra wire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The receiver I was most interested in was the 322. Being I'm not familiar with all this technology I should mention that I purchased a Dish HD dish and tripod from a private party that cancelled their contract. I don't know if the dish/receiver combination has to be in any particular pairing or not.

I don't know about the 322, but with a 722, I'm using the uhf for TV2, and I'm also using a uhf for TV1. The remotes I'm using are 21.0's, using a different address for each tuner.

I guess I don't know what you mean by different address. Are you referring to your location address??? As you can tell I'm not very well versed on this stuff.

I kind of have a unique situation in that I want to get Dish service for our rv but my problem is that I need to have the receiver concealed in a front cabinet in our motorhome. We only need SD viewing and in looking at the receivers available it seems that only the 2nd tv can be controlled with a uhf remote. Is there anyway possible to have both remotes operate via uhf??? I could probably get the receiver out of the cabinet but it would require running a lot of extra wire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The receiver I was most interested in was the 322. Being I'm not familiar with all this technology I should mention that I purchased a Dish HD dish and tripod from a private party that cancelled their contract. I don't know if the dish/receiver combination has to be in any particular pairing or not.

Yes you can have a uhf remote work tv1 on a 322. You need to get a replacement 4.0 remote. The address must be different than the number 2 remote so they do not talk to each other. I can not remember off the top of my head how to do this. As far as the dish, if it is a Western Arc HD dish, it will work with the 322, the Eastern Arc will not. To tell the difference, look at the LNB (the feed at the end of the arm on the dish) The WA will have 3 evenly spaced eyes on it. The EA will have either 3 eyes, with one of the eyes offset from the other two, or two eyes on it.

If you do not need 2 independent channel controls, then place the receiver (612 622 722 722k...) in single-mode using button inside front right panel. The #2 UHF remote (6.3 for example) then controls both outputs as does the #1 IR (5.3 for example).

-Ken

If you do not need 2 independent channel controls, then place the receiver (612 622 722 722k...) in single-mode using button inside front right panel. The #2 UHF remote (6.3 for example) then controls both outputs as does the #1 IR (5.3 for example).

-Ken
since the OP mentions the 322 which DOESNT have that option your post is pointless

Yes you can have a uhf remote work tv1 on a 322. You need to get a replacement 4.0 remote. The address must be different than the number 2 remote so they do not talk to each other. I can not remember off the top of my head how to do this.

I'd like to know how to do this as my dad has a 322 and sometimes TV1 remote is a pain to change channels (and its not the remote nor the batteries) ;)

At TV1 go to System Setup, Installation, TV1 UHF Pro Setup. Select ENABLE under TV1 UHF Pro Setup on the left and then select System Info on the right hand side. System Info should then come up then highlight the TV1 remote address box on the screen. You will notice that the TV2 remote address box is highlighted initially. Once the TV1 remote address box is highlighted on the screen, put the TV1 UHF PRO key into the TV1 remote and then press RECORD on the TV1 remote. If you don't see a warning message come up, then select DONE and you should be all set.

If you see a message about both remote addresses being set the same address then you need to choose OK on the message and then program the remote by pressing and holding SAT, type in a number and press #, then you need to highlight the TV1 remote address box again if it isn't still highlighted and press record. Then you should see the number TV1 remote address box change.