Ultra 4khd now on netflix app on hopper 3 dvr

I've tried straight to the tv and had no luck. I know 100% that the 646 supports 2.2 as the first 3 HDMI inputs are labeled hdcp 2.2.
Odd, but then this update and Netflix have been odd in other ways too.

Netflix after I connected to the TV and ran optical audio back was showing DD as I expected, now it doesn't but it is still 4K video.

And now if I run Netflix on my FireTV it doesn't do 4K.

Strange crap!! :(

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I'm curious to know if you guys are legitimately getting 4K. Netflix is telling me the program is the 4K version, but when I check the info from my TV, it says 1080.

Earlier I tried hooking up straight to the tv and it didn't work. This time it did after I let the show play for awhile. Too buggy for me and still no DD. I guess my TVs app will be the avenue of choice until this gets all figured out. If ever...

Yeah sounds like it might be a issue with some audio receivers if people are going through them for their video which can cause issues. There are so many different type of audio receivers out there that some might not be handing things correctly. The First thing people should do is to make sure the 4K is working when you do your video or HDMI directly into the TV. Get that working or see if it will work if it does then it's has something to do with people going through their audio receivers for video then you might have to adjust settings on the Hopper 3 plus the audio receiver as well. This is why it's best in most cases to let Audio Receivers just do that Audio only and let your TV handle anything dealing with Video. The TV gong to do a better job anyway when it comes to Video.. :)

The problem in the AVR world is that not even most are at the latest HDMI/HDCP level to support 4K, even in bypass mode. That will be a big issue when people start getting 4K Blu-Ray players. They'll need to ensure that either the AVR does fully support 4K, or ensure that the player has 2 HDMI outs. One to the AVR for the more advanced audio codecs to go to the AVR since TVs don't support those advanced codecs, the other to go straight to the TV for the video.

In the case of the Hopper 3 as long as the TV supports DD out on the optical, there is no loss of the best audio the H3 can do.

BTW, there is no 'adjustment' that can be made to overcome these shortcomings.

The problem in the AVR world is that not even most are at the latest HDMI/HDCP level to support 4K, even in bypass mode. That will be a big issue when people start getting 4K Blu-Ray players. They'll need to ensure that either the AVR does fully support 4K, or ensure that the player has 2 HDMI outs. One to the AVR for the more advanced audio codecs to go to the AVR since TVs don't support those advanced codecs, the other to go straight to the TV for the video.

In the case of the Hopper 3 as long as the TV supports DD out on the optical, there is no loss of the best audio the H3 can do.

BTW, there is no 'adjustment' that can be made to overcome these shortcomings.

Yeah to avoid it all it's just best for people to have the Hopper 3 and Ultra HD Players or Blu Ray Players, X-Box or PS4 plugged directly into the TV for Video instead of using Audio Receivers to begin with.. :)

So just use band aids because the thousands of dollars worth of equipment isn't working together properly. Makes sense.

Yeah to avoid it all it's just best for people to have the Hopper 3 and Ultra HD Players or Blu Ray Players, X-Box or PS4 plugged directly into the TV for Video instead of using Audio Receivers to begin with.. :)
Which sounds fine until you have quite a few things to plug in. In my setup I have 10 HDMI things connected. 7 to the AVR and 3 to the TV. IF I ever decide to get a 4K Blu-ray player I'll have to start figuring out what to do then! But since that really isn't on the radar, it isn't an issue I lose sleep over.

So just use band aids because the thousands of dollars worth of equipment isn't working together properly. Makes sense.
Fortunately for me I'm good to go with the AVR connections for those things not 4K and enough HDMI ports on the TV for those 4K things. Currently that's just the H3 and FireTV.

Which sounds fine until you have quite a few things to plug in. In my setup I have 10 HDMI things connected. 7 to the AVR and 3 to the TV. IF I ever decide to get a 4K Blu-ray player I'll have to start figuring out what to do then! But since that really isn't on the radar, it isn't an issue I lose sleep over.

Wow 10 HDMI devices yeah most folks will not have that many going to a device like a 4K TV if they do then you might have to have another option like a Audio Receiver to get the extra inputs. :)

Don't know about that in the end everyone's setup will always vary but it will always depend on how people have things setup so there always a way to get things working. :)

Wow 10 HDMI devices yeah most folks will not have that many going to a device like a 4K TV if they do then you might have to have another option like a Audio Receiver to get the extra inputs. :)
Well this stuff just keeps growing and I'm single so I can piss away money on tech toys. Got PS3, 4, WiiU, XboxOne, and a slew of video thingies including a HDDVD player that hasn't actually been used in over a year. But you just never know... :)

Reactions: Poke
Well this stuff just keeps growing and I'm single so I can piss away money on tech toys. Got PS3, 4, WiiU, XboxOne, and a slew of video thingies including a HDDVD player that hasn't actually been used in over a year. But you just never know... :)

LOL yeah that's a lot for sure.. :) I would never have more that 3 devices connected Blu Ray Player,a console and H3 and that's about it but it's easy to see where others might have more. :)

Well I guess I have 4K.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458253169.761829.jpg

Scott I've noticed that all content 4k and HD are being up converted to 4k with hdmi from hopper3 to tv
The apps front end is also in 4K too. That is different from any other platform I've seen Netflix 4K on. With them the app is HD and if you pick a 4K video, it then makes the switch.

Here's what I've found. I have everything hooked up through my AVR. If I use hdmi 5 (4K @ 60Hz vs 4K @ 30 Hz) on my Visio C60-M3, my hopper is in 4K. Netflix and sports bar mode. Coming out of sports bar mode, the video stays in 4K.

Here's an oddity going on. After getting the H3 connected so it can do 4K with the latest update, and running Netflix on the H3, now the only place I can run Netflix and get 4K videos actually in 4K is on the Hopper. The TV and FireTV apps which both did 4K, now only play in HD. I haven't figured out why yet, and I tested this morning after an overnight of nothing on to see if it was something to do with the Netflix does 4K support, but again only the Netflix on the H3 will play actual 4K video.

Damned odd... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)