AZBOX Ultra Question

waylew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
northern WEST new york
Haven't updated the box since I north america'd it over a year or more ago.Still running 5020.What I want to know is,do any of the newer firmwares actually make it work better?Specifically,faster blind scan,record and playback of the EYE network,and make the Cband RTV muxes work.I do not care at all about YouTube or any of the other stuff.
Another question is audio pids.I've tried a number times to edit the pids on a couple of muxes and while the edit seems to succeed as soon as I go back to watch tv they revert back to as originally scanned.Is that something that only works with an editor,or am I just not doing it right?An example would be the Surf City cams.

Yes, newer firmware versions resolve several issues and would make your receiver work better. We recommend using our latest firmware adapted for the North American market, 0.9.5402. However, you will most likely need to rescan all satellites as the satellite list format did change slightly with these newer versions. You may download firmware from our website at http://fw.azbox.ca for an upgrade via USB or if your receiver is connected to the Internet, editing the update URL to http://fw.azbox.ca to upgrade directly from your receiver.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I'm running 5402 on my Ultra and the scans still take for-e-ver.

Any tricks to speed them up, besides making the scans smaller, yes, of course that works.

but a full scan of any satellite takes way too long. IMHO ;)

It seems that everything about it is sluggish

I would love it if there was a way to make this box faster and more responsive. Please let me know!!
Thanks,

To make it quicker there are a couple of things to remember.
1) delete all but 1 tp from the sat then scan.
2) scan only 1 polarity at a time.
This will decrease the time to scan.
The firmware in the azbox has old outdated info in the tp's which it goes over every time so deleting everything in it but 1 tp then scanning speeds up the process.
Scanning only 1 polarity at a time also appears to take less time then trying to scan both together.

There's some settings in the last AZ Box scan menu that you can change that seem to speed things up a bit. When scanning a Ku sat change the TP range to 12200 and also change the 5000 number to 35000! When scanning C change the TP range to 3700 and also the 5000 number to 35000. I did a scan with both the 5000 setting and 35000 setting and got the same number of channels and TPs on both but it was MUCH faster with the 35000 setting.

Last edited:
There's some settings in the last AZ Box scan menu that you can change that seem to speed things up a bit. When scanning a Ku sat change the TP range to 12200 and also change the 5000 number to 35000! When scanning C change the TP range to 3700 and also the 5000 number to 35000. I did a scan with both the 5000 setting and 35000 setting and got the same number of channels and TPs on both but it was MUCH faster with the 35000 setting.

You know, that suddenly makes sense to me, because i looked at it again, and it is "Scan Step" it starts at 5000KHZ = 5MHZ, and you say make it 35, 35MHZ, it's really not that much when you figure you're scanning signals in the THOUSANDS of MHZ. I never put 2+2 together before on that one, because it's in Khz, and the others are in Mhz. Thanks!!

that 35000 trick is cool thanks does speed it up.

it misses the < 7200 sr tp's
tested 97 cband @35000 3 times 7-8--10 tp's 13-11-13 channels
@ 5000 3 times 13-12-12 tp's 18-14-13 channels
leaving the amg tp in @ all times @ 95%Q
after the last time @ 5000 scaned sat tp's got 15 channels

Haven't updated the box since I north america'd it over a year or more ago.Still running 5020.What I want to know is,do any of the newer firmwares actually make it work better?Specifically,faster blind scan,record and playback of the EYE network,and make the Cband RTV muxes work.I do not care at all about YouTube or any of the other stuff.
Another question is audio pids.I've tried a number times to edit the pids on a couple of muxes and while the edit seems to succeed as soon as I go back to watch tv they revert back to as originally scanned.Is that something that only works with an editor,or am I just not doing it right?An example would be the Surf City cams.

but in all reality these az boxes would Not be my blind scaning fav by a long shot when looking for a live event.
because i don't like using the computer interface stuff. thinking you are the same waylew.

also waylew would not use any firmware from PwrSurge and his sites with the clone kiiler stuff in them.
using 5020 sw here also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)