Umpire missed the 27th out and ruined a perfect game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I dont think Mr Joyce will be empireing any Tiger games soon

Looks like I am wrong Mr. Joyce will be working todays game....should be fun

Last edited:
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I dont think Mr Joyce will be empireing any Tiger games soon

Looks like I am wrong Mr. Joyce will be working todays game....should be fun

Actually he'll be umpiring today's game .....

Fwiw, he was scheduled to be behind the plate today, but that has been changed now.

Wow, he is giving his own self hell about it too. Crazy, and it was not even close. Not sure how he missed it.

Yeah but as bad as this was you don't want to use replay for anything more then homeruns.

Have someone in the booth all the time watching the game with the ability to instantly replay the play and radio down to the field. Won't take any extra time at all. They could replay the last play and radio down before the next hitter even comes to the plate.

But as long as humans play the game and humans call the game we will have mistakes. If you think about it we don't need umpires today with computers able to call balls and strikes etc. If they did have someone in the booth looking over plays it just wouldn't be the same. You can go back ever season and find mistakes made by umpires that cost games.

This was an unfortunate call for both parties. But the important thing is that the Ump knows he made a mistake, admitted as much and even apologized in person to both Galarraga and the Tiger's Skipper.

Have someone in the booth all the time watching the game with the ability to instantly replay the play and radio down to the field. Won't take any extra time at all. They could replay the last play and radio down before the next hitter even comes to the plate.

I agree, everything is replayed between pitches anyways.
Give the managers a flag like football.
1 per game .

AND by the umpire. After the game he clearly stated he EITHER stated he "f***ed the call" or "pissed the call". Either way, I think SELDOM do you get a ref go out of his way to BOTH apologize to the pitcher PERSONALLY and face the media.

On Mike and Mike this morning, and other local talk shows, this umpire has CLEARLY been one of the top umpires liked by the players in the league. It's like it was that douche bag Joe West who SWEARS he is as big as the players when it comes to importance.

This was an unfortunate call for both parties. But the important thing is that the Ump knows he made a mistake, admitted as much and even apologized in person to both Galarraga and the Tiger's Skipper.

Yes,
Jim Joyce while taking alot of heat for the blown call, came right out after seeing the replay and said so.
Much better than the UMPIRES that WANT to be the center of ATTENTION.

I am going to say the same thing I said in another thread.

<copy/paste>
We do not need instant replay. Even though this is one of the worst calls I have ever seen, bad calls are part of the game and always have been. Imagine how much lag time will be created with looking at all close calls? Not only will it slow down the game it can actually impact the game in a negative way. Pitchers having to sit around while waiting for calls can have a negative affect.

Those in favor of instant replay, why not just get rid of umps all together? We have technology know to where each strike can be called, each ball can be determined fair or foul, and each play out can be called safe our out by using cameras, sensors, and computers.

I think replays for plays at a base can work in baseball with limitations. Give managers one or two maximum appeals per game. The video feeds can be viewed and judged at MLB offices (like the NHL does) to help speed up the process.

just give each manager 2 red flags and lets fix this. 4 reviews during a game will not hurt 9 innings of baseball..

Wow, this would be a HUGE development!!!

Major League Baseball was still deciding Thursday morning whether to review the umpire's blown call that cost Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga a perfect game.

Commissioner Bud Selig has the power to reverse umpire Jim Joyce's missed call that came with two outs in the ninth inning Wednesday night in Detroit. Joyce ruled Cleveland's Jason Donald safe, then admitted he got it wrong.

Selig would likely consult with his top advisers before making such a ruling. St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa says the call should be overturned.

Jim Joyce returns to work as MLB decides whether to review blown call that cost Armando Galarraga of Detroit Tigers perfect game - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts