Unable to change programming online

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
I'm flirting with the idea of upgrading my programming. However, after logging in to my account then clicking on "Programming" I get an error message: "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later" then it kicks me out of the system. I tried with IE9 and Chrome.

Thanks.

I just tried with those browsers and FF. They worked for me. Probably just a temporary problem. If it continues not working, you may need to empty your cache and cookies.

I have 2 accounts with DISH. One is for my own home here on Maui. The other is the subscription I handle for my parents in NY.

I am allowed to make programming changes for my parents' account on-line. However, when I log into my account, it tells me I am not allowed. It's not an error message, it is a specific denial of ability.

I'm guessing that because my account is auto-pay and for my parents, I paid off the entire year in advance - that may have something to do with it.

Note: this applies to programming changes only. I can still do on-line PPV on my own account.

--- same here happens with my account, only by phone or chat i can make changes to the programming, not even thru the receiver - i didn't activated auto pay, but there is a credit card on record for payments ---

I have 2 accounts with DISH. One is for my own home here on Maui. The other is the subscription I handle for my parents in NY.

I am allowed to make programming changes for my parents' account on-line. However, when I log into my account, it tells me I am not allowed. It's not an error message, it is a specific denial of ability.

I'm guessing that because my account is auto-pay and for my parents, I paid off the entire year in advance - that may have something to do with it.

Note: this applies to programming changes only. I can still do on-line PPV on my own account.

You can't make programming changes online to annual accounts. Used to take care of my parents account as well, and they insisted on paying annually. Made everything more complicated and I finally convinced them to go monthly.

Since the beginning (around Nov 2009) I've been able to manage my programming online, even after going to Welcome Pack.
I'll try again in a couple of days.

You can't make programming changes online to annual accounts. Used to take care of my parents account as well, and they insisted on paying annually. Made everything more complicated and I finally convinced them to go monthly.
==========
Actually, it's just the opposite. I have a monthly, auto-pay account and am denied the ability to make programming changes. This doesn't matter to me 'cause I already have the packages I want and have no problem calling customer service if I need to change.

For my parents, I paid the entire year at once (on the same credit card). When I log into that account, I AM able to make programming changes on-line.

My first post about this topic was primarily to let the thread starter know it may not be a browser related issue.

Anyway, the good thing about paying off the entire year at once (I didn't want 2 auto-pay charges every month) for my folks is that this qualified them for the free HD (even though they are not auto-pay).

I am currently on Dish America Silver and when I login online it has the Dish America and Dish America Gold as not being able to be selected as programming packages. I was going to upgrade to DA Gold a few nights ago for NBC Sports Network to get the NHL games but am unable to do so right now - at least online.

I'm not sure what's going on but I have been attempting to change my autopay preferences since Saturday and it gives me pretty much the same message. DIRT couldn't even help me out with it. They said just to wait until a few days before the next bill is due. Just for grins I tried again tonight and it did the same "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later." but this time it also decided to tell me "You have been successfully logged out." Even though I wasn't.

I'm not sure what's going on but I have been attempting to change my autopay preferences since Saturday and it gives me pretty much the same message. DIRT couldn't even help me out with it. They said just to wait until a few days before the next bill is due. Just for grins I tried again tonight and it did the same "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later." but this time it also decided to tell me "You have been successfully logged out." Even though I wasn't.

The part that amazes me is the system kicking you out, like you did something wrong or forbidden.

I wonder what is so special about our accounts. At least it seems they can still support us through the chat.

But for billing, I wouldn't feel comfortable disclosing credit card info on the chat.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Thought I'd login and see if mine had changed. As I said in my first post, I'm DA Silver. It looks like I could upgrade or downgrade to anything but DA or DA Gold. I'm also getting a log out message each time I navigate to a new page.

Where do you find annual pricing?
I've never seen that option on my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)