Unable to edit local channel list (AM-21) - no OTA in guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingDiver

Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
Haven't used my AM-21 (connected to HR-34) since last year. These units are in an RV, and the combination worked last winter in Houston. Our summer location in Michigan has no OTA available, so I didn't even try to use it there.

This winter we're in Florida. I reset the AM-21 and put in 33905 (Fort Myers) as the primary location, no secondary location. The unit shows an APG download, but when it's done the "Edit Local Channel List" item is disabled (grayed out), and no OTA channels appear in the program guide.

Any ideas?

check to make sure you dont have a favorites list checked.
try a double red button reboot (do a RBR, when it gets to the point of the guide redownloading do ANOTHER RBR). That clears the guide info. Then redo the antenna setup

No change. Did the double RBR, checked that I was on the ALL channel list, and redid the antenna setup (twice). Still no OTA channel list.

yeah actually you would. I remember when I had my Directv system and unhooked my AM21 it still gave me that option (glitch in system)

Maybe try another Ft Myers zip code?

OK, I'm an idiot. The AM-21 end of the USB cable I checked, but I couldn't quit reach the HR-34 end, but I assumed it was OK, since the cable was snug (not flopping loose). Based on what you said, I pulled the unit out so I could check for sure, and it was actually jammed under the unit, not in the USB port. Grrr. That's one of the pitfalls of RV installations - things come loose at random times.

Plugged it back in and all is good now. Thanks for the kick in the pants to check things more thoroughly.

Seven posts in just over 11 years? You need to come visit more often! :)

First I would disconnect the usb cable and reconnect, then make sure your antenna is pointed towards the towers, then re scan.
OK, I'm an idiot. The AM-21 end of the USB cable I checked, but I couldn't quit reach the HR-34 end, but I assumed it was OK, since the cable was snug (not flopping loose). Based on what you said, I pulled the unit out so I could check for sure, and it was actually jammed under the unit, not in the USB port. Grrr. That's one of the pitfalls of RV installations - things come loose at random times.

Plugged it back in and all is good now. Thanks for the kick in the pants to check things more thoroughly.
Sorry guy, I posted to check that connection right after you posted, but someone came over and I never hit Post Reply.

Yeah, haven't been by much. Lurked here a bunch when I was first getting DirecTV (HR10-250) way back when. Haven't had much reason to visit since. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Yeah, haven't been by much. Lurked here a bunch when I was first getting DirecTV (HR10-250) way back when. Haven't had much reason to visit since. Thanks for the help!

Definitely come often. You'll learn more here than from the Directv site and before most people.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Software Update times out

Sorry for the dumb question(hope I know the answer already)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts