Unable to get Blockbuster Movie Pass or other online content

hmmm ... never done this, but wonder if a reset to factory would do the trick ... anybody done that?

as recommended, dump to ehd and transfer to remote ... then reset , and get back to current ... then pump back in from the remote and ehd?

hmm im not sure about fact default settings. worth a try really. and the revue, eh it's cool, i have my PC hooked up to my 46 inch and the unified remote app on my android to remote control my cpu. so to me its just another way to play netflix, but google chrome is pretty sweet, browsing with the keyboard is much easier with it than my android. for $100 i might would wait for a software update, its rumored there will be a android 2.3 ice cream gingerbread sandwich update for it or something. i would hope they would do that, it is a Google (tv) product anyway. but the "content" via the revue, there's no additional dishplatinum streaming or anything, and the apps that i've mentioned are the only apps ive ever had an interest to use. though using the keyboard to record/search/change channel/access menus (the integration part)..... is pretty awesome though. i barely use my dish remote anymore.

i just fact reset my 722 to see what would happen. no recordings missing, no timers lost. just fyi, might save you some time on backing everything up

edit: only thing i can really tell is remote address may have reset and tv2 mod setup cuz i didn't have picture on tv2 after the fact haha

editedit: tv2 was on the wrong channel... kids had it on ch 3
loco.gif

Last edited:
i have done some more research on switches and cable receivers, and apparently since a switch does not create a new IP only shares it with the other devices connected to the switch, it causes problems like the ones you are experiencing. More specifically the DISH servers that upload the data out may not be recognizing your receiver as a receiver because it doesn't have it's own specific IP. You should try and just plug it directly into a <b> router </b> if your set on hardwiring. Or I would go with one of the netgear adapters for $25.00 to connect to your router

Thanks for the additional feedback ... but its important to note that a normal and properly behaving network switch can and will have zero impact on the receivers ability to connect and perform these services.

In an attempt to further assuage these concerns, it is important to note that this receiver had the same problem when connected directly to the router, it also had the exact same problem when connected to a different switch.

and .... Bummer ... the factory reset did not help. It appeared to do very little more than require me to re-pair my remote, and re setup up my favorites and a couple of other settings.

Received and installed a replacement 722k - the entire replacement process went pretty darn smooth. And yes, after going the the initial setup dance, the new receiver has the online content, and it works well.

The only problems encountered was that out of my way too many 90+ timers .. only about 32? transferred back from the remote ... so going to have to pay attention and add back when and where necessary. Also had trouble with my sony TV interfering with the remote communication, but got past that by using a portable dvd player connected to the unit during the remote wizard sessions.

Anyways, there was definitely something goofy in that receiver.

Happy camper again ... and by the way ... thanks DIRT for resolving the problem, and to everyone else that tried to help! And of course, thanks SatGuys for providing the best forum for all things sat related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)