Unable to get new Skybox F3 to display, access menu or change settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta4a

Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
California, USA
I just received my new Skybox F3 receiver. When connected to my HDTV via HDMI, I get a message on the TV saying "This TV does not support the output format, video resolution and/or refresh rate being sent by the connected device....modify the settings in your connected device."

I tried connecting using RCA jacks and received the same message.

When the receiver is turned on, it scans through channels and ends on "NoChan" which is fine as the dish is not set up yet (by this I mean it is not positioned, etc. It is hooked up to the receiver though). But I cannot get anything to display onscreen at all. None of the keys on the remote or the receiver itself do anything except for the TV/STB button which when pressed, causes the receiver to read "ru."

The included manual is worthless. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

They come in the wrong TV format for America. Try this blindly if you can't see anything at all. Turn it off and back on, give it a minute to boot up. Then do this:
Press menu, then down arrow 2 times. Then press OK on the remote. Then press down arrow one time and then press ok. Then push the left arrow slowly one press at a time until you see a picture. This may not always work, but it worked for me when I had one. If you successfully get it in the right menu item, this will cycle through the TV formats.

So I exchanged the unit as the TV would not display anything in PAL format, only NTSC. Thank you both for your responses.

I just have to say that method worked great for me ! I messed around and put it on the wrong format , and had no idea how to get it back, did not even know if it was a skybox or not ,did not say on the box. Just abig thank you for those instructions! Works Great!

I just have to say that method worked great for me ! I messed around and put it on the wrong format , and had no idea how to get it back, did not even know if it was a skybox or not ,did not say on the box. Just abig thank you for those instructions! Works Great!
:welcometo the site cl2224!

Welcome to the site cl2224. Glad you got your box back were you could see it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why doesn't this trick work for KU as well?

NA Satellite list for WS 6906

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)