Why doesn't this trick work for KU as well?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
The receiver I have is the MicroHD. I have 2 dishes. One C Band, the other a motorized 31" offset dish. As to the former, I control that with my 4DTV 922 receiver.

Let's suppose I'm in the MicroHD Motor/Switch Setting tab. I then drop down to the Transponder Setting and choose one from the list, in this case C Band. Now let's say my C Band dish isn't parked on this sat yet, but is fairly close. So I then start going East or West with the 922 remote, and once it finds this signal, at the bottom in the MicroHD Motor/Switch Setting tab, the Signal Quality level starts showing a a green bar once found and locked. It is then easy to peak with 922 remote from there.

Let's say exact same scenerio, except this time it is KU with Motor Type as DiSeqC 1.2. I first select a good known signal from the Transponder setting but that I'm not getting a lock yet. So I then go down to the Save button and start going East and or West with the MicroHD remote. It never finds the signal like it easily does with C Band, where it's apparent from the Signal Quality level at the bottom when using C Band. And I've tried this with numerous signals on numerous birds. What am I missing here? The very first dvb receiver I ever had, meaning over 10 years ago, though I don't recall what receiver at the moment, but even on KU if going East or West with the dvb remote, the front panel would display a lit up small round light when the signal was found and locked. This was a very useful feature IMO.

I would guess the KU motor is depriving the LNBF of power while it moves. You probably need to just step it or bump it a bit at a time and let the LNBF power up between steps.

I would guess there's some deeply-rooted bug in the Ali chipsets. My Openbox S9 would do the same thing, my current receiver doesn't.

I would agree with Magic Static. KU HH motors are notorious for this.

Do you find vertical transponders easier to lock during a motor move/bump than a horizontal? If so, the motor may be dropping the voltage below the LNBFs horizontal switch level and the LNBF is on the wrong polarity when the motor is in use.

Measure the voltage on the coax between the motor and the LNBF. Does it drop below 18Vdc when the motor moves? If so, how low?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)