Unable to get OTA on My H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
I recently purchased an H20 from Robert at Value Electronics (Great Guy, I Highly Recommend) ... and for some reason I can't pull in any of my OTA locals.

The antenna attached to my chimney hasn't been touched since I swapped receivers so it can't be that the antenna is out of alignment.

Whenever I try to access the channels through my guide it says searching for signal, however whenever I punch the channel numbers up on my remote, it says channel unavailable. What am I doing wrong? Anyone know?

Did you do a scan under the installation section? I dont have one in front of me but I used to have an H10. I think you have to configure the box to let it know which zip code, scan for channels so it can align the digital channel to the programming guide. Scanning will also tell you your signal strength.

Robel said:
I recently purchased an H20 from Robert at Value Electronics (Great Guy, I Highly Recommend) ... and for some reason I can't pull in any of my OTA locals.

The antenna attached to my chimney hasn't been touched since I swapped receivers so it can't be that the antenna is out of alignment.

Whenever I try to access the channels through my guide it says searching for signal, however whenever I punch the channel numbers up on my remote, it says channel unavailable. What am I doing wrong? Anyone know?

Did you plug the coax for the OTA into the right port on the H-20?

When you did the initial guided set up did you tell the H-20 to search for both satellite and OTA signals and did you specify the correct type dish that you have?

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brewer4 said:
Did you do a scan under the installation section? I dont have one in front of me but I used to have an H10. I think you have to configure the box to let it know which zip code, scan for channels so it can align the digital channel to the programming guide. Scanning will also tell you your signal strength.

Yes

tds4182 said:
Did you plug the coax for the OTA into the right port on the H-20?

When you did the initial guided set up did you tell the H-20 to search for both satellite and OTA signals and did you specify the correct type dish that you have?

Hope this helps and good luck!

Yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts