Unable to lock onto Satellite 129 - NO trees or Obstructions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well to be honest don't know much about your Winegard in-motion minimax.Did a quick search and it states that it toggles between 110/119/129 it also states that it will work with eastern arc.So in theory it should be getting 129.The 322 should see all 3 sats.All that leads me to believe that something is blocking 129.

Winegard RoadTrip MiniMax Satellite TV Antenna looking at the pdf near the bottom of the page it says This model is PRESET for DIRECTV receivers. If you have a DISH Network or BELL TV receiver, you must change
the numbered switches.

I've seen 322's check switch on a 1k2 just the way the op describes in the 1st post. That makes me believe it is at least recognizing 129 because it is toggling automatically between all 3 sats during the check switch. From the point dish screen she should be able to at least see signal on tp21 on 129. That would would concur whether or not something was actually blocking 129.

well to be honest don't know much about your Winegard in-motion minimax.Did a quick search and it states that it toggles between 110/119/129 it also states that it will work with eastern arc.So in theory it should be getting 129.The 322 should see all 3 sats.All that leads me to believe that something is blocking 129.

Winegard RoadTrip MiniMax Satellite TV Antenna looking at the pdf near the bottom of the page it says This model is PRESET for DIRECTV receivers. If you have a DISH Network or BELL TV receiver, you must change
the numbered switches.
Agreed sounds like something with your in-motion dish is causing it not to pick up 129. I was getting confused when you said DISH 500 because that is a type of antenna.

the numbered switches.
Your link answers the question it is LEGACY LNB because Dish Pro is not compatible with Directv. Also under technical specifications it states single satellite compatible. Looks like Dallaslady needed to investigate what they were buying before they upgraded their dish. It all appears to work as designed just not upto their dreams.

dual tuner recs are not the best choice for rv dome systems, they can work but most manufacturers even recommend only single tuner recs

if 129 is showing up in the check switch result screen, the dish is configured properly. an X under it means the signal is present, but very, very low

Your link answers the question it is LEGACY LNB because Dish Pro is not compatible with Directv. Also under technical specifications it states single satellite compatible. Looks like Dallaslady needed to investigate what they were buying before they upgraded their dish. It all appears to work as designed just not upto their dreams.

Yes it does answer the question...however if you look at the pdf there are switch settings that must be adjusted for Dish/Bell.I assume that the switch changes the voltage of the lnbs.Hopefully Dallaslady took a look and found the magic switch setting.

Yes it does answer the question...however if you look at the pdf there are switch settings that must be adjusted for Dish/Bell.I assume that the switch changes the voltage of the lnbs.Hopefully Dallaslady took a look and found the magic switch setting.
No matter what switch settings are set the system only sees 1 satellite at a time it may be 110/119 or 129 so both receivers/inputs must be coming from only 1 satellite. Legacy is voltage switching LNBs 12volt or 18 volt so I doubt that the voltage changes but disec switching may be controlled by the switch settings.:)

There is usually only 1 legacy dual in the dome, most likely receiving a constant 13 volts from the control unit, not the rec.
The switches need to be set properly so the rec treats the control unit like a legacy, SW64 switch, which is voltage switched, and is what should be listed in the checkswitch result screen

the numbered switches.

Okay, just fyi, yes, we do get the 129 option with the 322. Yes, we (and I mean both my husband AND I) have been on top of the RV to check the switch settings. with the cables going out of the back, we are using the DISH A setting. We had to correct that problem early on as the Camping World tech who installed the new satellite had it set for Bell (we told them we had DISH). We noticed that the Hybrid setting is ONLY when in the northeastern States where they don't have 129. So, the setting is correct. There is one LNBF and it's capable of handling two receivers or a dual tuner (which we do have).

Now...to make this more of a puzzle, last night I actually locked onto 129!! BUT....we didn't have 119 and 110...LOL...so, my hubby watched the news, then I did another checkswitch and 119 and 110 came up, but 129 went away. I manually went in and locked on to Echostar 129! But..of course...it wouldn't hold it, not with it not showing up on the checkswitch menu.

Anyway...right now we're closer to Meeteetse, WY (about 9 miles out of it) and I know my brother-in-law receivers his locals out of Billings, MT. Sooo.....going to call in the address at the RV park where we'll be staying for 3 weeks and see if we'll get any locals.

There is usually only 1 legacy dual in the dome, most likely receiving a constant 13 volts from the control unit, not the rec.
The switches need to be set properly so the rec treats the control unit like a legacy, SW64 switch, which is voltage switched, and is what should be listed in the checkswitch result screen

We have the SW64 switch showing on both tuner settings. There is only one legacy dual in the dome. We "see" the option of 129, but except for one time last night (when we actually DID lock onto 129, but not while we had 119 and 110...LOL), having been able to get the "x" out from under it. We are now in a location where we have 119 and 110 (with an "x" under 129 under both tuners), SW64 verified and are now getting locals out of Billings, MT. I have a call in to Winegard and will hopefully figure out if the unit itself is defective. Everything else checks out....switch settings (DISH A setting which is 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 when the installation has the cables going towards the back of the RV), and everything else is working with the receiver. I even ran a switch check with the receiver cables disconnected from the receiver to hopefully clear out prior settings.

Thanks for all your help with this and the suggestions of what to look for.

You need to stop running check switches. You're confusing yourself and the receiver.

Understand that with a single feed horn you'll never get more than one satellite slot at a time (regardless of what check switch says).

You need to check with Winegard to see if tuning 129W was part of the design for an SD receiver (whether single or dual tuner). 129W is typically thought of as a slot only needed for HD receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts