Unable to pre-order a DTVPAL DVR because I am a FORMER dish network customer.

buckeye927

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Marietta, Ohio, United States
I attempted to order on the DTVPAL website but when I submitted a message appeared stating that my name or address was listed as being a former Dish service customer and to call an 800 number.

Called the number and the CSR didn't even know the product was available. After being put on hold four times I was told I would need to get the product from my local retailer. I explained that I was trying to PRE-ORDER. So this gets me transferred to the regular customer service.

Again, CSR is unsure of product availability. After being put on hold I was again told to contact my local retailer. I explained that it was a pre-order on THEIR website. At this point I'm losing my patience, I ask what difference it makes whether I am a former customer ect.ect. finishing with "I guess your company doesn't want my $250!!". CSR says she can't access the right area to make this order happen. On hold again. Comes back and asks me my email address and "magically" my order is placed (???). I asked if I would get a confirmation, was told I SHOULD get an email. 45 minutes later still no email and i'm not holding my breath.

I think this is typical Dish network crap, tell a customer whatever they want to hear and actually do nothing. This is one of the main reason i'm not currently a Dish Network customer (no HD locals being the main). I was really looking forward to this product.

Would love to hear if this is happening to any others.

Thanks.

I just got the same thing. Not too happy here either...the wife and I were really looking forward to this for Christmas!

Our records indicate that you or this address had Dish Network service in the past. We are unable to automatically process your request to order the DTVPal receiver online. Please call 1-888-673-9040 and a DTVPal representative will help you with your order.

This same thing happened when I ordered the simple DTVpal for my RV.

I saw this on the site order screen:

The DTVPal DVR is available on a pre-order basis only.
Orders placed today have an expected ship date of December 17th, 2008.
Quantities are limited, reserve your DTVPal DVR today.

Hopefully they actually ship as expected. SOON comes to mind.

Well...I called and they even went as far as updating my old account (since it had a zero balance) and that didn't work. However, they did acknowledge others were calling in this this too and they are planning a website update in the next 2 to 4 hours. So the recommendation I got was to try again later today (which I will).

Scott, did you call Charlie direct. ;) Glad to be a SatelliteGuys member, when the owner goes up-to-bat for us! Thanks Scott!

Are they going to confirm problem orders?

I still haven't received an email confirmation. I would rather pull my fingernails out with pliers than call Dish support again!!

I would really like for them to make the effort to contact me.

Be thankful DISH is protecting you from being an EARLY ADOPTER. You and I know that the first customers are going to be BETA TESTERS finding all the bugs they will be trying to cure over the next 6 mo. By summer 2009 the product should be ready for sale.

I will gladly be an early adopter. I very much want this before my Sony HD DVR takes a hike on 2/17/09. And I'll likely be buying a second and maybe a third, down the road.

I had pretty much the same experience, as I posted elsewhere. I sent an email last night about it to ceo....

Thanks for putting the problem before someone up high, Scott.