Unable to save a PTAT show

qkazoo

Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Iowa
For some reason I am unable to Save shows in the PTAT folder to My Recordings. It let me save Fringe yesterday but when I try to save Grey's Anatomy nothing happens. I even tried Save Series but that didn't do anything either. Is anybody else having this problem?

ETA: Parks and Rec saved without problem. Now if only Grey's and Parenthood would do the same.

Last edited:
For some reason I am unable to Save shows in the PTAT folder to My Recordings. It let me save Fringe yesterday but when I try to save Grey's Anatomy nothing happens. I even tried Save Series but that didn't do anything either. Is anybody else having this problem
ETA: Parks and Rec saved without problem. Now if only Grey's and Parenthood would do the same.

When I hit save series they go to NO Folder menu of My folders. NO matter whether I set a timer and pick a personal folder , or hit save it still goes to No folder option.

I'm running into a similar problem when trying to save shows from my PTAT folder. I think I've narrowed it down, if there is another episode of the same show in "My Recordings", the "Save" command seems to think the episode I'm trying to save is already there. For instance, I have a few episodes of "Family Guy" that I recorded from Cartoon Network in "My Recordings". PTAT recorded the new one on Fox on Sunday night, but when I tried to save it, it didn't do anything. The same thing happened last week when I tried to save "The Middle" and I already had one. However, it did let me save off several other shows that didn't already have episodes saved in "My Recordings".

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a known bug?

tspangle said:
I'm running into a similar problem when trying to save shows from my PTAT folder. I think I've narrowed it down, if there is another episode of the same show in "My Recordings", the "Save" command seems to think the episode I'm trying to save is already there. For instance, I have a few episodes of "Family Guy" that I recorded from Cartoon Network in "My Recordings". PTAT recorded the new one on Fox on Sunday night, but when I tried to save it, it didn't do anything. The same thing happened last week when I tried to save "The Middle" and I already had one. However, it did let me save off several other shows that didn't already have episodes saved in "My Recordings".

I would check the info banner and make sure the episode number isn't listed incorrectly for that show. Maybe the show episode titles are different but the episode numbers are the same. I've seen incorrect eps numbers a few times over the years.

Not sure if it's a known bug or by design.. But this this the correct statement. If you already have an episode listed in your DVR folder, It appears that you can't save that show to your folder even if it's a different episode. Once I watched and deleted the one episode I had in the folder, it then let me set up a save series for that show.. Just another hopper bug I guess...

I have the same problem, I wonder if this is something that has been corrected with the sw release that some employees have reported getting.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts