Unable to transfer HWS shows to external HDD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have a HWS which is failing due to audio dropouts. I have tried to remove all shows to the external HDD and it worked... kind of. The most recent ABC and CBS shows (last few days) are not seen by the transfer from/to application in the "settings" menu. I have tried unplug reboots, calling Dish, moving the problem shows to different folders including "delete" and "restore" with no success. If I can't do this I've got a discontinuity in the story theme of the show which I would like to avoid... ANY SUGGESTIONS?

If these are PTAT shows in that folder you have to wait for the expiration of the PTAT hold period. It defaults to 8 days but can be reduced to 2 days.

Well that sucks! Since it seems to freeze them out for two to three days and the new receiver takes a day to get PTAT up and running, one must miss 1/2 weeks series of each PTAT show.

Dish, how about a limited Cloud based storage for situations like this?

Some do and some don't. We also get very brief pixilization with some of them. The tech who saw it last month replaced the duo-node (which did not help) and also thought it could be a HDD going south in the receiver.

Well that sucks! Since it seems to freeze them out for two to three days and the new receiver takes a day to get PTAT up and running, one must miss 1/2 weeks series of each PTAT show.

Dish, how about a limited Cloud based storage for situations like this?
Are you saving these shows in My Recordings? If not you should.

If audio drop outs and picture blanking on local networks are the result of a bad receiver then every Dish receiver in the Mobile-Pensacola DMA is BAD. This is a Dish Network issue here and not a receiver issue.. And Dish keeps sending service orders to fix the problem at the wrong end. Then need to send someone here to fix the problem at the source.

If audio drop outs and picture blanking on local networks are the result of a bad receiver then every Dish receiver in the Mobile-Pensacola DMA is BAD. This is a Dish Network issue here and not a receiver issue.. And Dish keeps sending service orders to fix the problem at the wrong end. Then need to send someone here to fix the problem at the source.

My issue is not the oft-reported OTA problem... it is on all satellite transmitted channels, locals as well as national "cable" networks.

We never watch 13. Always 10 live and I record the national news on 10 and 8. Where you watching 13.0 or 13.1? How long do your drop outs last? Mine are mainly about a second or so.
I'm out in Marion in Wayne County.

We never watch 13. Always 10 live and I record the national news on 10 and 8. Where you watching 13.0 or 13.1? How long do your drop outs last? Mine are mainly about a second or so.
I'm out in Marion in Wayne County.

We were on 13.0, but have had it on 205, 120 and many others. They last about 1 second.

I don't think you are having any equipment problems. Others have reported the exact same thing. Do a search on "audio drop outs hopper" I know I get brief audio drop outs from time to time.

dwarren2, in one show tonight I had about 12 of the dropouts... six of them were sequential over about 10 seconds. They all were repeatable by rewinding.

Thomasjk, I changed the setting for PTAT as you suggested and slowly (probably as the two day limit is achieved) I am able to transfer them to the external HDD.

Skyviewmark and others who may be similarly affected... After about four tech visits which included a new antenna pan, new duo-mode, new receiver they finally replaced the LNBA. It appeared that the old one when downloading the block of data to the receiver induced a noise on certain frequencies. I discovered this by mapping the channels on which I had the most pixilization and audio dropouts. In my case it hit the 72.7 satellite and transponder 19, very selectively. It has been over a day without the problem set. I'm happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts