Unable to transfer HWS shows to external HDD

Does this happen on Hopper, Joey, of both? HD and SD versions? Is it all locals or only big 4? Does it happen outside of ptat hours or even ptat anytime is in use?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

First and most important, the problem is now solved... it was a bad LNBA.

The problem showed on a Hopper2000, a HWS and a Joey. It was seen only on HD because that is what we watch 99% of the time (don't know if SD was impacted), it was not on OTA locals nor satellite delivered locals and not related to PTAT... but most of all it was on selected channels, all of which were on 72.7, Tp 19. That was the clue that lead to the problem resolution.

As an aside, the tech said the signal level was fine from the LNBA, but the noise level was high, around 37-39 dba. Apparently the LNBA was inducing bursts of noise that caused pixilization and sound dropouts if the bursts were long enough.

Finally SUCCESS!

Everything Dish tried (2-LNBAs, full cable rewire, duo-node, receiver) did not solve the 1-2 second blink outs of sound and brief pixilization. So I looked inward having already replaced the HDMI cable.

It appears that my TV, a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 (and probably the KDL-40Z4100 baby brother) had a sound blink out issue and issued a firmware fix for it. I tried the new firmware and had no success, so I removed the HDMI cable and went with component cable - problem solved.

I have to give Dish a lot of credit for sticking with me during this elongated period of "search and destroy"!

Finally SUCCESS!

Everything Dish tried (2-LNBAs, full cable rewire, duo-node, receiver) did not solve the 1-2 second blink outs of sound and brief pixilization. So I looked inward having already replaced the HDMI cable.

It appears that my TV, a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 (and probably the KDL-40Z4100 baby brother) had a sound blink out issue and issued a firmware fix for it. I tried the new firmware and had no success, so I removed the HDMI cable and went with component cable - problem solved.

I have to give Dish a lot of credit for sticking with me during this elongated period of "search and destroy"!
WOW, that's great. Wonder why your HDMI cable doesn't work!

We record the Pelley news on CBS each evening at 5:30 P.M. It stops recording 6:03. We then record the local news next at 6:00 P.M.. Three minutes into the local news, there is an audio dropout followed immediately by a video breakup. This happens EVERY time. I believe that this is a known problem with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts