GEOSATpro Unable to transition motor to 15.0W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I recently installed a diseqc switch and a second lnb to capture 103.0W on my motorized dish. I noticed today that I am unable to motor over to 15.0W. I used to be able to pick up a few channels such as MNBC on this satellite - its been a few months since I tried watching this satellite. When I perform a blind scan on 15.0W I capture channels from the 30W satellite. I have limits disabled on the micro HD. I would like to be able to motor over to 15.0W. Should I reset the motorized positions to 0? Any suggestions?

Motor positioning DiSEqC 1.2 information is saved in the motor, not in a receiver. The addition of a switch or 2nd LNBF will not affect a motor position or the associated number assignment. These are two different command sets. You may have accidentally reassigned the motor poison number, saved an incorrect motor position or even have the 2nd LNBF incorrectly selected for the 15w satellite when programming for the new switch.

Don't reset or clear any settings.

Enter the Motor /Switch Setting menu screen.

Select 15w

Verify the correct motor position number assignment and is not shared with 30w and the correct LNBF is selected.

If settings are correct, drive motor East to 15w then Save.

Thanks for the help. My setup for 15.0W is USALS. I switched the setting for this satellite to Diseqc
and attempted to drive the motor east via the EAST pushbutton in the Antenna setup menu. It does not appear that the dish is moving is moving eastward at all. I was locked onto a 30.0W transponder
with a high signal quality. I never saw the quality of the signal decrease as I attempted to move the
satellite eastward. Conversly, when I attempted to drive the satellite westward I saw the signal level drop off to 0. Also, I created a new satellite via the satellite list menu of the micro HD. I assigned
the satellite the position of 15.0W. When I performed a blind scan on this satellite I also received the
30.0 W stations. Somehow, I can not transition eastward from 30.0W to 15.0 W. I must have corrupted something.

I was able to move the dish to 15.0W using the manual drive buttons located on the motor. I then was successful in scanning in some 15.0 W transponders. I then moved the dish to 30.0 W using the receiver and observed the Cubavision channel. Lastly, I tried to move the dish to 15.0 W using the receiver. The dish was not able to move to 15.0 W. So basicaly, if I use the buttons on the motor I can transition to 15.0W. If I attempt to drive the dish to 15.0 using the receiver (USALS) I am not able to get to the 115.0 W satellite. Any recommendations?

There is a east limit setting applied to the motor. Try eliminating and /or resetting the East Limit with the microHD.

If the microHD cannot erase the East limit from the motor, you may need to perform a hardware reset at the motor and reset any DiSEqC 1.2 positions.

I replaced the micro hd with my old coolsat 5000 receiver. With the coolsat receiver installed I was able to transition to 15.0W using USALS and scan in some transponders. It appears that my problem is some how associated with the micro hd receiver. I am considering doing a factory reset on the micro hd unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to all who have helped.

I believe I reset the East Limit of the microHD. Not sure how to test this though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)