this-is-only-a-test (1).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 314
:D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-3337228722.jpg
    image-3337228722.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 294
OK I'm a little lost on this one. What could prevent me from uploading a file? Maybe an update to IE that changed some setting I've never seen before? I don't get any kind of indication of a problem when I try to upload a file other than it just doesn't happen. No activity on the network. I shut off the antivirus and firewall. No help. I can't think of any changes I made to the computer other than installing DVBViewer.

VIC003.JPG

Well I can narrow it down to one computer and eliminate router and internet as the problem :) But I've got a real puzzler here!?????

Freebie.JPG
Problem resolved by uninstalling Windows Update "Internet Explorer 10" Go figure:rolleyes:

doesn't surprise me.
Have had many people ask 'how come 'this or that' doesn't work. Told them to install Firefox or chrome. Problem solved.
Many have not 'gone back' [to using I.E.]

IE 10 seems to be a dud, at least on Windows 7. Of course, IE in general is a dud. I only use Firefox or Safari.

Btw awesome cats in your avatars!

There is a known issue with IE10 not playing well when trying to upload pictures here. Magic you can use the "Go Advanced" tab, click on the paperclip, click on the compatibility button at the top of the page and upload your photos just fine.

Not trying to argue, but I find IE10 is faster than FF, Chrome or any other browser on my W7 machine.;) Most folks don't like it because it has no free add blocker add on. For those of you that doubt me, do yourself a favor and try it. Here is a good read on IE10.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 269
I did notice the speed improvement when using IE10. I'm not real partial to any browser. I use FF on my Linux machine. I've never tried Chrome myself but have encountered it on other peoples computers. I've found the biggest impetus behind installing alternative browsers is a infected computer. I often get computers to repair with three browsers and six or more anti-virus/spam programs installed. Which often leads to a total destruction of the OS.

Just a heads up, something has changed and I no longer have to use the compatibility option to upload images while using IE10. Still have to use the advanced option with the paperclip though. That's fine by me because that's normally how I do it anyway. Thumbnail shows how attachment handling is set under the User CP, General settings.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 317
Problem resolved by uninstalling Windows Update "Internet Explorer 10" Go figure:rolleyes:
I had to make a Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy call last weekend when my friend's Yahoo! mail broke. Surprise, it was the IE10 mandatory Windows Update. AT&T acknowledged the issue was on their end and gave my friend $30 off per month for the next six months of their U-Verse package. For my part, I installed Chrome and Yahoo! mail was back.

Status
Not open for further replies.