Unbundle ESPN

I understand completely.. For me it was completely the opposite..I gained a lot of channels.I'm down to the flexpack with dish on a 211 and 222 at a price of $53.84 month..Orby 4 receivers (1DVR)at $54 month..I only watch college football and most the games are on OTA ..I gave up on all sports long time ago.. Nobody is worth the money they pay any sports figure and that's why the cost is so high
I think I'm confused here.
So, you have BOTH orby AND flex pack in your home? How many channels is that?

I don't want politics with my sports, plain and simple. The crap ESPN has done has been VERY unnecessary and I will leave it at that. If I want to watch a game or race, that is all I want.
You must not be a very big sports fan then. I've got local RSN and national commentators that I don't agree with on their personal/political etc. stance on things. I manage to ignore that and enjoy the games (as long as my teams win ;) ).

Same goes with actors. I can't stand Jon Voight's personal stances but I love his character acting on Ray Donovan.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I think I'm confused here.
So, you have BOTH orby AND flex pack in your home? How many channels is that?
I have Pay as You Go RV account with flex and Orby..Both are pay in advance so I can just switch.. Only keep Dish because our camp site is impossible to get western arc signals..

How do you feel about QCV, the Latino core channels, the Christian channels, and any others that you don't watch or is it only ESPN that you can't ignore?

If you could combine the cost of ALLLLLL the other channels you don't watch and the cost of ESPN, which one do you think would be higher?

I'm not sure this is particularly an apt comparison. I thought it was established that ESPN charges a LOT more than most other channels. And if you do want ethnic or religious channels, you can get them for free over the air in some places, or on other satellites.

How do you feel about QCV, the Latino core channels, the Christian channels, and any others that you don't watch or is it only ESPN that you can't ignore?

The others don't charge nearly as much as ESPN.

If you could combine the cost of ALLLLLL the other channels you don't watch and the cost of ESPN, which one do you think would be higher?

ESPN.

Ahh, because I stopped going 5 years ago because of the exact thing you're talking about here with reference to sports. I could go further, but I see a "this isn't the Pit" type warning coming down the road
Same reason I stopped going when my son was in 6th grade. My Sunday Bible studies became a reason for the old people in class to gripe about politics and it was all one sided and not very Christian of any of them. I found it very hypocritical. I even called them out for it in the class and said after that day I wasn't coming back again. I attended that church for over 10 years at that point.

I’d love to see a system where u get to pick 10 channels for a certain amount, 20...30...etc. People should be able to choose the channels they want.

The religion and shopping channels will always end up being included gratis because those are about making money.

Reactions: TheKrell
I’d love to see a system where u get to pick 10 channels for a certain amount, 20...30...etc. People should be able to choose the channels they want.

The religion and shopping channels will always end up being included gratis because those are about making money.
But certain channels cost more.

More like a price list...

Espn...$20
Abc, Cbs, Nbc, Fox...$15 (cbs full access type)
Disc, others tier 3... $10
Tier 4... $8
Yada...
Yada...

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Price it by Corporate group, since that's the way those groups want to sell themselves.

$12 Locals
$8 RSN's
$15 Disney/ESPN bundle
$5 TIme Warner bundle
$5 A&E Net bundle
$5 Discovery/Scripps bundle
$5 NBC/Universal
$5 Fox Sports/Business
$5 Viacom/CBS bundle
$5 Hallmark bundle
and then anything that's left

Price it by Corporate group, since that's the way those groups want to sell themselves.

$12 Locals
$8 RSN's
$15 Disney/ESPN bundle
$5 TIme Warner bundle
$5 A&E Net bundle
$5 Discovery/Scripps bundle
$5 NBC/Universal
$5 Fox Sports/Business
$5 Viacom/CBS bundle
$5 Hallmark bundle
and then anything that's left
I like that plan!

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)