UNC Eye Bolt 1/2" x 6" for Channel Master Polar Mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

remlap

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Wales
Hi

Looking for a new UNC Eye Bolt 1/2" x 6" for Channel Master Polar Mount that possible to ship to South Wales, UK at reasonable price.

It's used for the latitude adjustment.

Attached are two photographs, one with how my bolt is now after sand blasting removing the protective coating and a close up of one.

I'm in the process of restoring the mount and its just this needed. May just end up spraying some cold galvanising spray but nice to be all new :)

Thanks

Attachments

• dish adjuster.jpg
    dish adjuster.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 322
  • UX3Pn - Imgur.jpg
    UX3Pn - Imgur.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Nice to look all new. The mount looks good. But if I needed one of those, I would take a piece of allthread rod and hammer one end flat and drill a hole in it. Set my dish and never look at it again probably.

The bolt would be easy for any machine shop to produce, but you would want a new degree gauge for sure. Looked up some channel master sources I know of but nothing like that listed any more. Maybe some of the dealers would have old stock that isn't listed. I've seen hardware like that on Andrews dish mounts for TVRO type antennae, but I have not really looked closely at the gauge numbering... seems every installation is a bit different and those numbers are just a starting point.
Maybe try looking into Andews and Prodelin parts/service, maybe there is a source locally for you. Do you have a model number for your antenna?
-C.

Good morning and thanks very much both.

I've looked at at some 1/2" stainless steel UNC threaded rod on eBay UK and create my own. That's something I may just attempt anyway. I even had a recreated sticker for the bolt waiting to be placed on :)

The model number for the Polar Mount is 6033.

Good morning and thanks very much both.

I've looked at at some 1/2" stainless steel UNC threaded rod on eBay UK and create my own. That's something I may just attempt anyway. I even had a recreated sticker for the bolt waiting to be placed on :)
Well if you do make one please post and show your handiwork :)

Thanks woodheat but I don't think that's reasonable price for me its nearly the cost I paid for the whole mount.

Bought some Cold Galvanising Spray Paint and sprayed it on the adjustment bolt waited for it to dry, stuck on the label then sprayed it with a coat of clear lacquer.

Also I've sprayed a coat of lacquer on both labels on the mount itself, applied lacquer not just on the sticker itself but gave a border around the label to try and stop the water getting in.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 205
Bought some Cold Galvanising Spray Paint and sprayed it on the adjustment bolt waited for it to dry, stuck on the label then sprayed it with a coat of clear lacquer.

Also I've sprayed a coat of lacquer on both labels on the mount itself, applied lacquer not just on the sticker itself but gave a border around the label to try and stop the water getting in.

Looks great! Excellent workmanship!

Wow! If it works as good as it looks....:)

I am very lucky to have found one of these mounts as there doesn't seem to be much around.
I performs very well, accurate repeatable positioning. I set it up last summer and have never had to "bump" the 1.2m dish bolted to it.
I got help setting it up from the guys in the UK. DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised systems
They have the original installation manual posted.
Nice job on the re-furb!

I am very lucky to have found one of these mounts as there doesn't seem to be much around.
I performs very well, accurate repeatable positioning. I set it up last summer and have never had to "bump" the 1.2m dish bolted to it.
I got help setting it up from the guys in the UK. DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised systems
They have the original installation manual posted.
Nice job on the re-furb!

Thanks.

I've been searching for six months for one, either they were out of my price range, or not available for postage since they were way out of my traveling range.

Been a member there for years :) I posted a proper pdf copy of the manual now from Andrews if you want to grab it there.

Also Thanks Bob.

Last edited:
Another new part, a probably unused at least nearly new Venture Skylighter 12" Actuator needs a coat of hammerite in places and was missing a few nuts, bolts and washers which have been replaced, but works properly.
rightonman.gif

Attachments

• Actuator 1.jpg
    Actuator 1.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Actuator 2.jpg
    Actuator 2.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Actuator 3.jpg
    Actuator 3.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Actuator 4.jpg
    Actuator 4.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 195
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)