Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PSN demo November 8

The more I read about this title, the more intrigued I am.

If you play it (demo)...let us know what you think.

OK, I played the demo for the first time last night..... and loved it.

I don't play a lot of shooters, so it took me a little bit to get adjusted, but it's a lot of fun. Visuals are great - you really do feel like you're just wandering around in the jungle, and the characters look like CGI. Half the time you can't even figure out where you're going, because it's not mapped out really clearly like most games are. That might sound like a negative, but I thought it was pretty cool, because it makes it feel less "contrived" than most games. If you crash land in the middle of a jungle in real life, you're not going to have clear directions on where to go. You have to climb up on vines, ruins, etc, and kick down a few gates to get through to where you're going.

The best part of the visuals, apart from the character models, is the water. It's everywhere, and it looks like actual water. When you get in the water or walk under a waterfall, Drake's clothes get wet, and then they dry off as you're walking around. If you walk through shallow water, only the part of him that is in the water gets wet.

Only two things that I didn't like about the demo:
1. When you're getting close to dying, everything goes to black and white, which is good because you know you better look for cover, but it makes it harder to see the guys you're fighting, so unless you can hide somewhere they can't get to you, it's tough. During normal play, the colors are so vibrant that it's easy to pick out where the enemies are.

2. The demo was just a few areas of one level, so while it really gave a good taste of the fighting part of the game, it was hard to tell what the game as a whole will be like - i.e. what is the point, what things do you have to try to find, figure out, etc. But that's just a complaint about the demo, not the game itself.

Overall, playing the demo has not moved this game from the top of my wish list - it looks to be a ton of fun...

The demo reminded me of FarCry on the PC. I loved that game. And I love this game. I just read where it will be out next Thursday -- earlier then the Nov19th release date! I have already put money down on a copy. I like the B&W thing -- and as it should -- when that happens it penalizes you because you are wounded and like in real life, you can not do things as well as when you are completely healthy. Real world physics in a video game that really work -- who would've thunk!

the demo rocks.. I cant wait to pick this one up, My Wife even enjoyed watching me play the demo (big bonus points for this game), if she likes a game, I can play it all night right thru primetime TV :)

Sounds like it's as good as the building buzz was suggesting.

Think we have a 'sleeper hit' on our hands here?

I have a buddy w/ a PS3--might get this for him for X-Mas (and make him let me play it, then I can decide if I 'need' it myself when I get my PS3).

when that happens it penalizes you because you are wounded and like in real life, you can not do things as well as when you are completely healthy. Real world physics in a video game that really work -- who would've thunk!

Good point...

I LOVE this demo. One if the best looking games I have seen. If not the best. The cut scene work is great. The fighting dynamics are great. I love the animated combos and sixaxis use of grenades. I love the fact that it's sometimes hard to know where to go, because as ONUOsFan said if you are in a jungle you're gonna have to figure out a way to get around.

I cannot wait to see the adventure and surprises in store for us. I think it's going to be a treat. The controls are responsive and I like the way the player movement and camera work very well.

Oh and a STABLE framerate. If only the idiots at EA and Ubisoft could get their sh*t straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)