Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Well, I'm getting there - just don't get that much time to play, but I'm on chapter 20 now on "normal" mode (skipped easy).

I have a question, though, for those of you that have started playing again - can I keep looking for the treasures while keeping the ones I have (I only have 19 of 60), or do I have to start that part of the game over, too?

Also, is there anything else different about it, or just more/harder bad guys?

Not sure if this has been posted here before or not, but it looks like they have confirmed that this will become a franchise for the PS3 - they're beginning work on the sequel.

Naughty Dog confirms Uncharted sequel is a-comin :: DESTRUCTOID - Hardcore Gamer Community :: Video Games PC PlayStation 2 Xbox 360 Wii PS3 GameCube PSP DS GBA PS2 PlayStation 3

Glad to hear it! I look forward to the next one. I let a friend borrow it after I beat normal, but will probably go back and play hard after he gets done with it.

Thats some good news, I am looking forward to the next upcoming sequel!
I hope there will be more content outside than inside :)

Well, I'm getting there - just don't get that much time to play, but I'm on chapter 20 now on "normal" mode (skipped easy).
I'm slowly working through crushing mode.

You can keep all your treasures. I am at 51 of a reported 61 treasures. I haven't found any so far on this pass through. I played through normal twice and hard once.

There are a few, but not many, differences on the harder levels. So far have seen more limited aiming control, less powerful weapons in a few areas, and a case where you can not take over a machine gun emplacement.

Once you get enough points, you can play as different characters. Apparently also can select weapons (I haven't managed to unlock them yet).

I'm slowly working through crushing mode.

You can keep all your treasures. I am at 51 of a reported 61 treasures. I haven't found any so far on this pass through. I played through normal twice and hard once.

There are a few, but not many, differences on the harder levels. So far have seen more limited aiming control, less powerful weapons in a few areas, and a case where you can not take over a machine gun emplacement.

Once you get enough points, you can play as different characters. Apparently also can select weapons (I haven't managed to unlock them yet).

Different characters? Thats cool :D

Well, I finished last night (got through 20, 21 and 22 in less than an hour - they were pretty short), and I can't wait to start it all over again... that's saying something for me, as this is actually the first PS3 game I've finished in the year (almost) that I've had it. Not that the other games were bad, just a combination of not having a lot of time to play and buying other games. I still want to go back and finish Ratchet (about 75% done), Motorstorm (50%) and LEGO Star Wars (although I finished both of the PS2 games that make it up). I don't have any illusions that I'll finish GH III - I think it's just going to get too hard for my poor fingers to keep up with.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm not any less excited about Drake than I was the day I opened it, and I think that's really saying something... in fact, I might start over tonight - the only question is, which difficulty?

OK, so I'm now starting my third pass-through (Hard this time, then on to Crushing). I finally went out and got the book because I wanted to make sure I found all of the treasures - it looks like there are some pretty cool rewards that I didn't know about, also (can't wait for unlimited ammo!), and I'm curious to see what happens when I get all of the treasures and the "strange relic" - the book makes it sound like it's pretty cool. It also has a ton of history on Sir Francis Drake, Sir Walter Raleigh and the El Dorado legend - read through all of that last night and I think it enhances the whole experience for me.

Anyway, on to my question. I noticed the medals for Hard and Crushing just say "finish the game on Hard/Crushing." Think I could just play the last level at that difficulty and get those medals? I'm guessing no, but didn't know if anyone had tried it.

OK, so I'm now starting my third pass-through (Hard this time, then on to Crushing). I finally went out and got the book because I wanted to make sure I found all of the treasures - it looks like there are some pretty cool rewards that I didn't know about, also (can't wait for unlimited ammo!), and I'm curious to see what happens when I get all of the treasures and the "strange relic" - the book makes it sound like it's pretty cool. It also has a ton of history on Sir Francis Drake, Sir Walter Raleigh and the El Dorado legend - read through all of that last night and I think it enhances the whole experience for me.

Anyway, on to my question. I noticed the medals for Hard and Crushing just say "finish the game on Hard/Crushing." Think I could just play the last level at that difficulty and get those medals? I'm guessing no, but didn't know if anyone had tried it.

Let us how you do on "Hard." I was unable to get through the demo on that setting, though I've completed the full game on Easy. And thanks for the tip about the book; I just may be picking one up with my next Amazon order.

Let us how you do on "Hard." I was unable to get through the demo on that setting, though I've completed the full game on Easy. And thanks for the tip about the book; I just may be picking one up with my next Amazon order.

I've only done a couple of levels so far, and it's not too bad... same number of enemies, but they're tougher, and it doesn't take as much for you to get killed. I'm really focusing on trying to get all of the medals and treasures, now that I know what they are.

I'm also hoping maybe the slow-mo reward I unlocked will help with some of the really hard parts....

I've only done a couple of levels so far, and it's not too bad... same number of enemies, but they're tougher, and it doesn't take as much for you to get killed. I'm really focusing on trying to get all of the medals and treasures, now that I know what they are.

I'm also hoping maybe the slow-mo reward I unlocked will help with some of the really hard parts....

Crushing gets much worse. Some things shift in it (points where your safe, machine gun implacements you can't use) as well as the enemies being much harder. Some people said they didn't try it until they had unlimited ammo, but I couldn't get unlimited ammo UNTIL well after my first run through crushing.

Crushing gets much worse. Some things shift in it (points where your safe, machine gun implacements you can't use) as well as the enemies being much harder. Some people said they didn't try it until they had unlimited ammo, but I couldn't get unlimited ammo UNTIL well after my first run through crushing.

You get 150 pts for finishing Crushing, only 1000 pts. total. If my math is right, that means that you can only get 850 pts without finishing Crushing mode. The unlimited ammo reward (according to the book) is obtained at 860 pts, so I don't think it's possible to get unlimited ammo before doing crushing, unless there are some "hidden" points somewhere....

I finished hard last night, and now have collected every treasure and medal, except for the one for finishing on Crushing.

I tried just the last level on Crushing last night and it didn't give me the medal, so I guess I'll have to be going all they way through.... and it's going to be tough. I relied on the super slow-mo reward quite a bit toward the end of Hard -
especially on the level where you're fighting the mercenaries and the creatures at the same time, around those crates - seems like there were a LOT more creatures this time
- but it seems that super slow-mo is disabled for Crushing mode. I'm in trouble....

Cool! Something to look forward to. For the moment, however, I'm trying to do the same thing you are but with R&C: TOD -- finish challenge mode, earn all skill points and unlockables, find all gold bolts, holo-plans, etc.

Cool! Something to look forward to. For the moment, however, I'm trying to do the same thing you are but with R&C: TOD -- finish challenge mode, earn all skill points and unlockables, find all gold bolts, holo-plans, etc.

You'll have to let me know how that goes... I need to get back to that one - I just totally dropped it when I got Uncharted, and I'm probably only about 60% of the way through it. I had to get the book for Up Your Arsenal, just to find all of the stuff - take too much time to just wander around - I can finish a game by myself, but if I care enough about it to find/unlock everything, I usually have to get the book, since I don't have unlimited time....

Uncharted™: Drake’s Fortune: By Gamers for Gamers

Make sure you check out the 2nd video, It shows what a great game Uncharted is and how much time and effort it took to make this game.

Link: PlayStation.com

[FONT=&quot]
uncharted_gamer_to_gamer_em_02.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
uncharted_gamer_to_gamer_em_03.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
uncharted_gamer_to_gamer_em_04.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
You'll have to let me know how that goes... I need to get back to that one - I just totally dropped it when I got Uncharted, and I'm probably only about 60% of the way through it. I had to get the book for Up Your Arsenal, just to find all of the stuff - take too much time to just wander around - I can finish a game by myself, but if I care enough about it to find/unlock everything, I usually have to get the book, since I don't have unlimited time....

I wouldn't bother buying the books if all you're after is the info on where to find things, how to get rewards, etc. If the game is popular at all, there are plenty of gamers out there who want to show off their expertise by posting their own free online guides. There are a number at IGN.com for R&C, but this one is the most comprehensive I've found: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Walkthrough.

You definitely need the guide to earn skill points, beyond the ones you get "accidentally," because most of them are pretty creative and fun. Here's an example:

Planet Viceron
---Dancin' on the Ceiling (10 pts)
"Successfully use a Groovitron while on the Gravity Ramp."

---Seared Ahi (10 pts)
"Use the Pyro Blaster on 3 Drophyds after freeing them from their
robotic suits."

I was pleasantly surprised to unlock challenge mode after completing the game the first time through. It is, however, much more difficult to get some of the skill points in challenge mode because your opponents are much tougher. On the other hand, it gives you a chance to collect the other bolts and holoplans you missed the first time through, especially if you have the guide handy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)