Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I had this game from Gamefly for about 2 months and I really couldn't get into it. The controls would drive me nuts sometimes. The graphics were good but had a plastic type look to them.

I don't know maybe I'm just crazy.

Man, you guys were right - Crushing is ridiculous... it took me almost two hours last night just to get through the second half of chapter 5 (including the section in the flooded room with the columns) and the first part of chapter 6. I'm committed, though - going to get through it. Then I'm going to turn on all of the rewards and tear through Easy (the only mode I haven't done yet) just for fun and relaxation... :)

Well, I finally did it last night - finished Crushing, and I'm now at 1000/1000 reward points (with a little help from the guide for finding some of the treasures). Took a little longer because I was traveling for work last week.

Some of the later levels on Crushing actually weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but some of that may have been me getting used to how you have to play it on that setting - laying back as much as possible and drawing enemies out to where they are easier targets. There are also some places where you can hang out a little and let Sully or Elena help you out with a few of the guys.

Last thing left now is to figure out the "button codes" for a few of the unlockables. They're not in the guide that I can find - I'm sure I can find them online if I look, but haven't had time yet...

By the way, I turned on the unlimited ammo and one shot kill rewards and started going through easy last night - it's almost not fun. I got through 11 chapters in about 90 minutes.

Well, I finally did it last night - finished Crushing, and I'm now at 1000/1000 reward points (with a little help from the guide for finding some of the treasures). Took a little longer because I was traveling for work last week.

Some of the later levels on Crushing actually weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but some of that may have been me getting used to how you have to play it on that setting - laying back as much as possible and drawing enemies out to where they are easier targets. There are also some places where you can hang out a little and let Sully or Elena help you out with a few of the guys.

Last thing left now is to figure out the "button codes" for a few of the unlockables. They're not in the guide that I can find - I'm sure I can find them online if I look, but haven't had time yet...

By the way, I turned on the unlimited ammo and one shot kill rewards and started going through easy last night - it's almost not fun. I got through 11 chapters in about 90 minutes.

i know this has been a dead thread for awhike, but>>>>
i have beaten this game on hard 4 times and i still cant get it to go to crushing. any tips?? thanks....do LOVE the game, my favorite!

When I first installed the game it downloaded something. I assume it had something to do with Trophys because now I get notices of them every so often in the game.

Yep, that's what it was - no trophies previously, but that download introduced them.

i know this has been a dead thread for awhike, but>>>>
i have beaten this game on hard 4 times and i still cant get it to go to crushing. any tips?? thanks....do LOVE the game, my favorite!

It is a little weird... if I remember right, you have to go into your game (the one you've already beaten on hard), and from the menu screen go to chapter select, choose chapter 1 and then Crushing mode... and have fun!

Can anyone confirm that to start earning trophies, you need to start a fresh new game? In other words, if you carry over your rewards/treasures from a previous time you beat the game, you won't earn a trophies for any past or new achievements?

Can anyone confirm that to start earning trophies, you need to start a fresh new game? In other words, if you carry over your rewards/treasures from a previous time you beat the game, you won't earn a trophies for any past or new achievements?

Yes, I can - bummer, but true. But hey, it gave me an excuse to start over again...

How ya been ONUOs? Havent seen you around here as much lately

I'm good - really busy lately, and with a different job, new office, less privacy.... all of which adds up to less time for SatGuys - I never did much posting at home to begin with. :)

Yep, that's what it was - no trophies previously, but that download introduced them.

It is a little weird... if I remember right, you have to go into your game (the one you've already beaten on hard), and from the menu screen go to chapter select, choose chapter 1 and then Crushing mode... and have fun!

You don't need to do a chapter select, but you do need to start a NEW game and select Crushing. I am busy trying to do the whole game again for the trophies and am in the middle of crushing. Considering how often I get killed playing in Crushing mode, it may take me a few weeks.
tns.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the crushing tips but that is the rub, i go to select game difficulty and the crushing mode will not highlight for me to select. love the game, will play ot againg and see

I rented it from Gamefly not really knowing what it was. I played it all the way through in about a week. Now I have to re-rent it to play it through and get the trophys they added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)