IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
PlayStation.com

Anyone else played this game yet?
I just purchased it 6 hours ago, been playing it ever since, great game, and its fun.

This game's graphic are just out of this world, best graphics I ever seen on a video game console system out there.
The Cinematic effects, the water effects, the weather, the lighting, everything was done perfectly, this game shows the true power of an amazing system. People who underestimated the RSX graphics chip, well you might want to think again.
The game play it's fun, and very entertaining, there is always something new, no repetitive stuff, keeps the game fresh.
The levels are challenging when you are playing it hard mode.
The character personality is great, he is fun, and very entertaining, at one moment I kept laughing for 2 minutes straight.

Overall I would recommend all PS3 owners to buy or at least rent this game, best game on the PS3 I have ever played so far.

If you played this game, go ahead and tell me what you think about it.
For me, its by far the best game I've owned that I had so much fun with.

Haven't played it yet as it's (hopefully) sitting under my Christmas tree waiting for me.

Definitely looking forward to it!

Only 117,000 of this sold. Looks like a solid game. But not many people playing it. *shrug*

MAXCONSOLE - Playstation 3 - PS3's big title Uncharted fails to chart last month

Guess this is what Squaresoft meant by clearly defining the PS3 system?

Not a bash. I really think this game *Looks* good. I am shocked it is not selling better. Hardware sales have defiantly been higher. :D

in the least play the demo... that got me excited... i have it rented right now, and will pick it up next week if it looks like there is enough content to replay or keep playing.

how many chapters in the game? on chap 3 right now... and i know the demo is chap 4, so i should be able to get thru that

I am not sure how many chapters there are.
I am in the fortress chapter.

I bought this for a friend for Xmas...on condition that he lets me play it when we visit ;). Played through part of the demo--looks very cool.

Right now I'm concentrating on button mashing in "Heavenly Sword" and "Ratchet and Clank" on my new PS3, but this might be the next title we buy.

Funny thing about the Playstation titles I've ended up finding most near and dear to my (and often the critics') heart--they never tend to sell as well as the big name more generic properties. I think of many of my favorites: Ico, Klonoa, Okami. Many people love buddy cop movie-type 'familiarity' and don't give truly unique titles the chance they deserve. Funny, though, you'd think "Uncharted" would have enough 'Tomb Raider'-esque known quantity hooks to pull people in.

I really hate to think of the game industry sinking to the low levels of brainless blockbuster and star vehicle-obsessed Hollywood. We really need a spirit of innovation to maintain the vitality and growth of the medium, to really show what its capable of. We need experimental risk-taking on the part of developers...too bad its so expensive to develop for these new platforms. I think/hope we'll see a lot of 'indie' vibe in the downloadable PS Store/ Xbox Marketplace titles...and I can only hope the same can be true on the bigger disc-based releases as well.

A few sleeper hits might help--so go out and buy some good games, folks :D!

I just beat the game on easy yesterday :).
I am going to try to beat it on Normal then Hard.
I think its going to be really challenging on hard.

I just beat the game on easy yesterday :).
I am going to try to beat it on Normal then Hard.
I think its going to be really challenging on hard.

Can you give us a little more info on the game beyond what was on the demo? How was it as a whole? How were the vehicle sections and the puzzle-type stuff?

Can you give us a little more info on the game beyond what was on the demo? How was it as a whole? How were the vehicle sections and the puzzle-type stuff?

An experience of a lifetime.
The Jungle level where you had cars chasing you was awesome, the game is fast paced after the fortress level when they make the escape, very fun.
The graphics are great even when the vehicle is going 50mph in the middle of the jungle, This game is like watching a movie, a lot of scenes.
Now the main thing you get to drive is the water boat, really fun and very challenging.
The game is hard for a first timer, it takes time to find clues and how to get out of a specific zone IE the church and the fortress level are on of the hardest ones.
The last level ( Chapter 22) Is just breath-taking, the graphics are amazing (better than what you seen in GoW ,Halo 3), its not a long level, but its very challenging.
I am amazed how well this game ran with the PS3, flawless.
The levels, well after each level ending, you don't usually go to a black screen, it takes you to cut scenes (mini movies) so by the time the scene is over your off to the next chapter, so there is no wait at all for load time of each level, I love this type of transitioning.
As you go, you unlock rewards, which is really cool, so you keep getting better and better.
Hidden treasures, this game is not only about just go out there and kill bad guys, its about finding stuff, find treasures, some of them you can find right infront of you, and some well its very hard, even If I finished the game I still only had 16 treasures collected, and trust me It would take you more than 10 hours to beat the game If you are going to look for all the treasures.
I hope I see the Sequel to this game, I can only immagine how much better it would be.
The storyline, the storyline is just done perfectly, I mean, if this guys were ever to make a movie, it would be a huge hit, as you go, the producers don't give you out too much info on how the story is going to end, heck I bet by the first 1-3 chapters you would think hey, I know how this story is going to end and bla bla bla, you will find a surprise towards the end, so keep wondering :) The directors will keep you wondering until the end.

I know this is a crappy review, I just put few minutes to type it in, but I hope it gives you a hint, that this game was worth every penny that I paid for.

I rented this game a couple of nights ago and it was probably the best game ive played for ps3. I beat it already, but i did play it for like 10 hours strait yesterday. The gameplay was outstadning, as were the graphics and the storyline was probely the best ive seen in a long time.

Well, I did get this for Christmas (woo hoo!), and finally got to play it last night for the first time - we've had family staying with us for the holidays...

I am not disappointed in the slightest. The graphics and gameplay are great, and I love the fact that, once you start playing, there is ZERO load time, and no true cut scenes - it just takes away your control for a minute while they talk about something, and then as soon as they're done talking you can move again - several times I just sat there, waiting for a more defined "end" to the scene... Even from one chapter to the next there is no lag or loading. You're just walking around, maybe a quick bit of dialogue, and then you see "chapter 3" on the screen....

I'll try to give a better review later, but wanted to post my first impressions.

Some of our family was still here last night and made comments like "Wow-I've never seen a game like that" and "at first glance I thought I was watching real people." One of them even made a reference to Beowulf...

I gotta say...it was nice to see a large crowd of people grabbing up games like Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet & Clank, Warhawk,Unreal Tournament 3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4 at the local Best Buy earlier this week...lots of PS3s being grabbed too.

Well, I did get this for Christmas (woo hoo!), and finally got to play it last night for the first time - we've had family staying with us for the holidays...

I am not disappointed in the slightest. The graphics and gameplay are great, and I love the fact that, once you start playing, there is ZERO load time, and no true cut scenes - it just takes away your control for a minute while they talk about something, and then as soon as they're done talking you can move again - several times I just sat there, waiting for a more defined "end" to the scene... Even from one chapter to the next there is no lag or loading. You're just walking around, maybe a quick bit of dialogue, and then you see "chapter 3" on the screen....

I'll try to give a better review later, but wanted to post my first impressions.

Some of our family was still here last night and made comments like "Wow-I've never seen a game like that" and "at first glance I thought I was watching real people." One of them even made a reference to Beowulf...

Yup, plus the as you go, the main character makes funny remarks :) especially when he is climbing to get to the prison.
The prisons graphics were stunning, especially when you just get into that chapter, the sun rising its an awesome view.

Man, I knew it, this game would have been the bomb from the commercials.
I hope they come up with the sequel.

Well, I just beat the game on normal. Pretty fun! It did take me a bit to get into it, but the graphics are amazing and the story had some fun twists. Overall I give it an 8 out of 10

On Ch. 17 now...the game gets really creepy around this time..esp playing inthe middle of the night with the light off.

Man, you weren't kidding about that... I got to 17 and 18 last night around 11:30, and wow:

I felt like I had fallen into "I am Legend" or something. It was not what I expected from this game at all.... and I think it's a testament to how movie-like the game is that I was actually tensed up (almost scared) playing those levels with those things coming after me.

Man, you weren't kidding about that... I got to 17 and 18 last night around 11:30, and wow:

I felt like I had fallen into "I am Legend" or something. It was not what I expected from this game at all.... and I think it's a testament to how movie-like the game is that I was actually tensed up (almost scared) playing those levels with those things coming after me.

Haha. told you it got creepy. But I beat the game a few days after I posted that. And it was amazing. This is the first game that I have actually played on a harder level in my enitre life. Normally, one play thru is good enough for me, but i wanted to experience the adventure again! I didn't even do this with heavenly sword which is my favorite game that I have ever played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)