Uncomplete recording on both dvrs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here's a good one for ya. Recorded last night's NCAA final. Ended up with 35 one minute recordings and a 1:55 recording. From Sat local.

Recorded Castle last night and ended up with thirty 2 minute recordings. Called it in and the fix was to reboot... CSR checked my signals an did not have a clue that my locals come off 77.

My wife mentioned her soap recording was cut short last Friday, too. I checked the uplink report and noticed there was activity on Friday.

This could be just a huge coincidence, but it sure seems odd.
Hmm. Today's a Wednesday, and the wife reports her soap recorded OK. Today's uplink was done before her show started, not during like other times. Coincidence??

After I completely wiped clean / re-input timers I backed up to the remote. Then I performed a factory reset and rescanned OTA. I reboot a couple of times manually during the process and basically ended up with a "new" 722K (all unwatched shows were sent to EHD). I haven't had a problem since (here's keeping fingers crossed).

I have been working with Dish techs and engineers since this issue started a few weeks ago. Originally it was treated as a problem local to me (receiver, remote, my HD Lil channel, etc.).
That changed once I pointed them to this thread that showed many people across the country were having the same exact issue. Last Friday, they asked me to upload logs to them from my 722. Those logs had info from the 3/31 occurrence.

Today I was told that this issue is caused by a software bug that is "an issue with one of the Data tables that is downloaded during the error 015 1-5 progress". There is a fix in the works but they do not know when it will be released.

I have been working with Dish techs and engineers since this issue started a few weeks ago. Originally it was treated as a problem local to me (receiver, remote, my HD Lil channel, etc.).
That changed once I pointed them to this thread that showed many people across the country were having the same exact issue. Last Friday, they asked me to upload logs to them from my 722. Those logs had info from the 3/31 occurrence.

Today I was told that this issue is caused by a software bug that is "an issue with one of the Data tables that is downloaded during the error 015 1-5 progress". There is a fix in the works but they do not know when it will be released.

:upThanks for sharing your info!! Hopefully they get a fix out soon as I have been checking my favorite recordings before starting to watch to make sure it goes to the end!

I just had a related issue last night on a few shows. Both were set to record from 7-8pm, but one recorded 7:55-8 and the other recorded 7:56-8. Not quite sure why it decided to only pick up the end of the timer.

Please check you "update" time by pressing Menu+8+4. Report it with AM/PM and your trouble time(s). This reset will interrupt recordings, although they may resume making a split recording.
-Ken

There must be an uplink happening. One of my wife's recordings was just stopped again...

Yes - Uplink thread shows time of 3:31, the recording was stopped a few minutes before that...

Last edited:
It happened again today for the first time in two weeks, and guess what - an uplink report was issued during that time.

For what it's worth - when this problem happened last I set a backup timer to tape on the SD version of my local channel at the same time. The SD recording today was not cut short, only the HD version.

It does it to my wife's soap opera on Wednesdays, too.

I wonder if the uplink changes have something to do with it - just a thought - maybe Digiblur could speak to that.

I can't see it being an issue unless the channel you are recording is on the report. Your receiver updates its channel tables several times a day. But you never know...

I can't see it being an issue unless the channel you are recording is on the report. Your receiver updates its channel tables several times a day. But you never know...
It was confirmed with Dish engineering that there is a software bug with the uplink affecting recordings. They had me send logs from my 722 that confirmed this:

"an issue with one of the Data tables that is downloaded during the error 015 1-5 progress"

The original reports were for the daily RSN moves but was also noticed by some of us that happened mostly on Wednesday afternoons and other days that coincided with uplink reports.

I have this problem almost every weekend at approximately 12:30 AM HST Saturday Morning and Sunday morning. Only causes a problem on the local HD channels.

My update time is at 3 AM.

Apologies for the double post, but it happened again tonight during the late night uplink. You would think someone at Dish (since they are aware of the problem) would have the common courtesy not to run an uplink during prime time hours (for Hawaii in this case).

My 722 has been cutting off the ends of shows since the L625 update. Even after getting things set up for the networks times shift, OF WHICH DISH never seemed to realize nor understand and integrate in to the timer settings. Now it's recording 10 minutes or less every so often until the past week or so where it is now records 43 minutes (i.e.) and not the whole program and there is no reason that I can find to make this happen. I can't wait for the next update that will hopefully fix this, or not, and add new problems. I want and expect an Accurate EPG, Timers to Fire when they should and 129 to stop dropping when a bird flies by. Is that all too much to ask for since I'm paying $125 a month for supposedly a "premium" and the "best" sat service?

Then why does my dvrs stop recording only on Wednesdays between 12 noon and 3 PM. Once every week. I got 28 minutes of AMC on ABC local on 4/7/2010, 22 minutes of GH on 4/15 and 34 minutes of One Lifw to Live on 4/21. I have a 722 and a 211 and both dvrs record the exact same messed up recordings at the same time.

I am glad I am not alone here. I have been having a similiar problem with my 722K since last year. I am on my third receiver and still have the same problem. My recordings that stop are usually on Tuesday or Wednesday between 11am - 2pm on Dish provided local channels using satellite 61.5. I record backups from my ota and they have never stopped recording. Dish needs to recognize this problem and fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)