Under the Dome

Considering how much Stephen King has written in his career and that has been filmed, you can count on one hand how many have been filmed that were GREAT!
You must be a polydactyl. :)
Carrie, Christine, The Dead Zone (Movie, not the terrible USA Series), The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemtion, The Shining, The Stand were all GREAT! I hope The Stand remake is as good or better than the miniseries.
Then there are movies that were really good, but had many issues like Pet Cemetery, Golden Years, Salem's Lot, Cujo, Cat's Eye, Silver Bullet, Stand By Me (The Body).

And let's not forget popular favorite fun movies (great for what they were, though not masterpieces of film making) like Maximum Overdrive, The Running Man, Tales From the Dark Side, and Creepshow.

These are just the ones I remember off the top of my head!

It doesn't matter if they can escape, it matters that somebody should be trying to escape.

How do they know they can't, until they have gone through all their options? As for the outside world, it apparently no longer exists...

Also, WTF the arrogance of the U.S. government to hit them with a MOAB, fully expecting it to vaporize the dome, and all the people inside. Just the sort of thing I'd expect from my own government to try as the very FIRST outside option to breach the dome!

Let's see:

1: Try to ram it with the largest bulldozer in existence? Nope, let's BOMB it and save time!
2: Try to dig/drill through or under it? Nope, we gots bombs!
3: Sure, shouldn't we try packing high explosives against the dome and blow a people-size hole? Nope, we are gonna (JUST short of) NUKE that SOB!

Ugh, ok it's fiction, but do they have to be so blind and limited on every single thing? It breaches belief in every way possible, and makes you hold up your hand in front of your eyes to peek through it in embarrassment at the shear stupidity.

Will I keep watching it? Sure! I like train wrecks and can't turn away like any other person! lol

It doesn't matter if they can escape, it matters that somebody should be trying to escape.

How do they know they can't, until they have gone through all their options? As for the outside world, it apparently no longer exists...

Also, WTF the arrogance of the U.S. government to hit them with a MOAB, fully expecting it to vaporize the dome, and all the people inside. Just the sort of thing I'd expect from my own government to try as the very FIRST outside option to breach the dome!

Let's see:

1: Try to ram it with the largest bulldozer in existence? Nope, let's BOMB it and save time!
2: Try to dig/drill through or under it? Nope, we gots bombs!
3: Sure, shouldn't we try packing high explosives against the dome and blow a people-size hole? Nope, we are gonna (JUST short of) NUKE that SOB!

Ugh, ok it's fiction, but do they have to be so blind and limited on every single thing? It breaches belief in every way possible, and makes you hold up your hand in front of your eyes to peek through it in embarrassment at the shear stupidity.

Will I keep watching it? Sure! I like train wrecks and can't turn away like any other person! lol
Just turn it off, it's definitely not for you ....

As we have said all along ... it's a TV Show, take it for what it is, it's NOT suppose to be real.

They tried going under, no luck.

Vehicles exploded against it, Planes as well, you think a bull dozers gonna move it ?

I admit that the Bomb thing was a really stupid idea.

It was an interesting explaination... other countries possibly threatening nuclear war thinking that the US was developing some sort of either super shield or weapon?

I'll say this.Coming from an episode of Breaking Bad,to an episode of The Dome,is a huge difference.However,I still like The Dome,as a summer time show.It could be a lot better,just take it for what it is.

So 75 pages in we are at…

1) It is NOT the book,and the story isn't as good (my complaint, which I raised too many times)
2) it is a summer show, and thus gets a pass for not being good, but better than most everything else out there
3) It is not very good, see number 1 and number 2 above.

And in 2 weeks, it will be over, and we'll forget about it until June 2014.

:D

It would be AWESOME if Pennywise the clown showed up and snatched people away! lol

pennywise.jpg

Just turn it off, it's definitely not for you ....

As we have said all along ... it's a TV Show, take it for what it is, it's NOT suppose to be real.

They tried going under, no luck.

Vehicles exploded against it, Planes as well, you think a bull dozers gonna move it ?

I admit that the Bomb thing was a really stupid idea.

All the attempts to get through it have been brute force, treating it like a physical object when clearly it is some kind of energy field. Would like to have seen some kind of electrical device used (perhaps from the radio station or hospital). It would also seem there would be continuous efforts to see if there were a weak spot or momentary opening - that always worked on Star Trek. :)

Personally I like the show for its scifi/mystical aspect, not so much for the drama.

I was really hoping for some closure in the finale but if it's been renewed, it will end up being a cliffhanger. I honestly would not expect it to do well in season 2 because hopefully the economy will have improved so people can get out more and won't be stuck in front of their TV for entertainment.

Nice of the whole town to suddenly blame Barbie for all the deaths that happened and shootings when he didn't shoot anyone or kill anyone yet, at least this week.

Nice of the whole town to suddenly blame Barbie for all the deaths that happened and shootings when he didn't shoot anyone or kill anyone yet, at least this week.

Yeah! He hasn't killed anybody since the First episode. That makes him almost............ innocent !:p

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 12

Monday, September 9, 2013

"Exigent Circumstances": Big Jim keeps the residents of Chester's Mill riled up as the hunt for Barbie continues; Norrie and Joe look for a new place to hide the minidome.

S~

I'm glad that Big Jim killed off the Fight Club skanky b*tch and her thug. But too bad that Barbie will get the blame. I don't know why he didn't just kill off Big Jim when he had the chance. He didn't mind killing off Julie's husband, so it shouldn't bother him to kill off this tool as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)