Understanding DirecTV's Lease Fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ron Tobin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I have two receivers, one of which is an H20 (MPEG4) and the other is an H10-250 (MPEG2). I already pay a $4.99 additional receiver fee (plus DVR fee) for the Tivo. I want to replace the H10-250 with an HR21 so that both my receivers are MPEG4. Will I have to pay a lease fee in addition to the additional receiver fee (plus the DVR fee)?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I have two receivers, one of which is an H20 (MPEG4) and the other is an H10-250 (MPEG2). I already pay a $4.99 additional receiver fee (plus DVR fee) for the Tivo. I want to replace the H10-250 with an HR21 so that both my receivers are MPEG4. Will I have to pay a lease fee in addition to the additional receiver fee (plus the DVR fee)?

Thanks,

No. You pay an additional receiver fee if you own it, a lease fee if you don't. The money is the same. Also, you pay one dvr fee regardless of how many you have on your account.

No. You pay an additional receiver fee if you own it, a lease fee if you don't. The money is the same. Also, you pay one dvr fee regardless of how many you have on your account.

Chip: Thanks. So that means I just have to pay the $199 to purchase the receiver and then the lease fee will replace the additional receiver fee that I'm currently paying. That's not all that bad.

The only difference is that some states apply tax to the lease fee but not the additional receiver fee. Not a biggee and when I deleted a receiver the leased one became the main one on my account and was no longer taxed.

Chip: Thanks. So that means I just have to pay the $199 to purchase the receiver and then the lease fee will replace the additional receiver fee that I'm currently paying. That's not all that bad.

Don't forget you don't really own it. The upfront cost is for a lease.

Don't forget you don't really own it. The upfront cost is for a lease.

I understand. My only concern was as to how many monthly fees I'll have to pay. And you've answered that for me.

Again, thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)