Status
Please reply by conversation.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
This past Sunday we were watching a movie on the Hallmark Channel. It ran from 9 - 11PM. Around 10:30 I started recording the last half hour of the movie. The next day when I started the replay, it had recorded almost the entire movie. Only about the first 5 minutes or so were not recorded. Can't understand how this happened. Any ideas anyone?

That's what it is supposed to do. There is a 90 minute buffer, assuming you were watching the channel for 90 minutes, and if you press record at any point, you record all of that buffer.

Yea thats the way it works. Entire show will be buffered and recorded. The only way to record just the last 30 minutes or so would be to change the channel at 10:30 or earlier. I prefer to do that during a commercial break. That would "flush" the first 90 minutes from your buffer and the next day in your playlist you would see it listed as Partial 30 min. or so.

Only way to learn is to ask, glad to help.

Well, it's not the only way to learn, but it's usually the best way. Otherwise you end up with broken bones and/or in jail! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)