Uniden receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Being in the rough economic times that we are going through I am in the market for a c band receiver but don't really want to spend the money people are looking for for the 4dtv receivers like the 922. Is there a place for the Unidens (what I had many years ago) for the c and ku freebies plus will it work for subscriptions? If they will do the job what models do you suggest?

Thanks,

Marty

You can find old analog boxes on ebay, if you shop there, or on craigslist. Check your local thrift stores too. I've got a Uniden 9900 I'm not using, but it's the one that came in 2 parts, the big flat receiver box, and a heavy, smaller power unit which controls an actuator. PM me if you want more info.

I figured out how to use the search function! It looks like they are all analog.
Oh well, it was a thought.

Thanks again!

I thought you wanted a uniden for analog stuff, lol. If you're looking for a low-cost fta receiver, find yourself a Traxis 3500. For all around use, it's about the best, fastest, most accurate blind scanning box there is. 79-89bucks usually. For that price, no HD of course. Next best would possibly be Fortec Mercury 2, now named the Fortec Dynamic (same box, diff faceplate).
IF yu want to grab a used one off ebay, everybody likes the Coolsat 5000 and they're pretty reasonable too I hear. All these fta receiver will do c and ku bands if you have both types of dishes, or a big dish with c/ku lnbs on it.

Great rec yep, bad about the caps drying out in them though. I need to get that one back out and try it since its been in a box for about 4-5yrs now, lol. Might just go Poof!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)