Uniden UST-9000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Can anyone tell me about this receiver? All I know is that it is C and KU but I don't know if it will do DVB, I don't know if it is analog or digital. I also came across a descrabler box that was left at the house I am renting. Can I do FTA with this stuff?

its an analog box. It will work for KU or C-Band analog but nothing digital

great for those sports feeds :)

I have 3 of these receivers. 1 of them in storage. They were made about 15 or so years ago. They are analog. You need to have a separate box for the descramber. If you have a 2 cable lnb like on a Primestar dish then just use an a/b switch and take that output to the receiver. There's only one input for c-band and one for ku.

On ku, the channels work in reverse. If the receiver is on Tr 24, then it's actually Tr 1 on lyngsat and backhaul feeds. Tr 23 is actually Tr 2 and so on.

Receivers get mighty hot too. Don't put another receiver on top of it. The diodes will wear out after lots of use. The picture starts to get bright. If you have a real bright/wavy picture then you have a problem now. You can still buy these receivers cheap on Ebay. They are my favorite for backhaul finding. They spot dark sparklies easy for the digital feeds too.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts