Status
Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
It took a few weeks and I finally got the latest dish put together. Actually put the entire thing together in the living room and then hauled it out to the yard. Compared to the other dishes this one looks like it didn't take its vitamins!

Not going to have alot of time before the snow comes in on Tuesday but I am going to try and get the Geosat LNBF aligned tomorrow. I'll post some quality readings once its up and running. A few pictures are below.

Unimesh Pics

Never saw a BUD that'd fit through a door! - :D
Nor one that wasn't as tall as I am.

Looks good in the pix. Something you got new?
Hope to see it fully operational.
Tell us about LNBf you used (the SatAV Ck-1?).

I did stumble upon the Unimesh new. In my neck of the woods it is quite rare to find any used c-band dishes. I will most definately post about the Geosat lnbf. Other than the Ku dish, its my first time using an lnbf instead of a standard feed and lnb. I did a lot of reading here on where to set the skew, so hopefully I'll have some better luck tomorrow.

I think you'll be pleased with that one on AMC6-NASA. I've still got a 7.5 pointed at it, but my little 5' also did a great job on it.

I think you'll be pleased with that one on AMC6-NASA. I've still got a 7.5 pointed at it, but my little 5' also did a great job on it.

for the time being, yes. Just wait until a significant c-band satellite comes to 74W and you might be SOL (co-sat interference issues if the right transpnoders/signals are found at the 74W location).

for the time being, yes. Just wait until a significant c-band satellite comes to 74W and you might be SOL (co-sat interference issues if the right transpnoders/signals are found at the 74W location).
Well, if I should run into problems in the future, still have the 12 footer on the roof !

Took a few more days than I would have hoped but I have a good signal! I had some spared Feed horns around the house, and opted to start with a standard lnb and feed. Once the weather warms up I will play with the Geosat LNBF again.

I will post some numbers (for anyone that cares) over the weekend.

That must be some BS with the server. All that work they've been doin' on it.
I got the same message just now.

The other day, I saw his pictures just fine.

Well, if I should run into problems in the future, still have the 12 footer on the roof !

it should be awhile before that happens. I don't know of any significant sat going to 74 deg W on c-band anytime in the near future.

I'm just cautioning those that it could happen (so don't be disappointed if it does) but it's unlikely for awhile to happen.

On the Nasa mux on AMC-6 my quality has been peaking around 53 with Signal at 72. That is comparable to what I am getting on the Paraclipse on both AMC6 and 7. Now I know that with all the wind we have had recently I am slightly off the arc on the Paraclipse. All in all for I'm quite happy considering this was a very inexpensive project.

When my days off from work role around this week, I am going to try and get those numbers a bit higher.

If anyone is interested the link below has some new pictures of all the dishes with descriptions.

Antenna Pics

Now that summer is here I thought I'd post a short update on how this dish is performing. It is still pulling in all the Nasa channels as well as it did back in the dark cold days of February. I'm currently using a no-name LNB rated at about 13K. Time permitting I am going to play around with some of the LNBF's on the dish this summer. Signal is a solid 72 and Quality varies from about 40-54 or so. I haven't lost lock or seen any digitizing with my Pan 9200HD. I'm quite pleased with the way things turned out.

I neglected to post earlier in this thread where I picked up the dish. I'm sure there are a few of you out there who aren't lucky enough to run across used dishes and might be looking for something to play around with. I have no connection with this company just came across on the internet. C/Ku*Band*Satellite*Dishes...

Status
Please reply by conversation.