unimesh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crankbait

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I have a 6 ft unimesh dish, will it work with a coolsat 7100, andis it large enough to recieve 103 w? I am in ohio 45135. thanks for any reply

I have a 6 ft unimesh dish, will it work with a coolsat 7100, andis it large enough to recieve 103 w? I am in ohio 45135. thanks for any reply

If your after C-band channels I don't see why it shouldn't work as I also use a 5' mesh for a H2H channel on X4, but it's no were near what I get from my 7.5' dish so if it's a weak signal then you'll have problems. Now if your after KU channels then that could be a problem because of the mesh and small size.
So what channels are you trying to get?

I am going to try for amc 1c 103w for rfd tv, thanks for the reply.

I am going to try for amc 1c 103w for rfd tv, thanks for the reply.

The RFD signal is ac3 so unless your receiver does ac3 then you'll have to decode the audio through another device or get another receive that will do it already. I'm sure someone that has the same receiver could help with that answer.

I have the dish up, dish pointer says the skew is 22.1 how do I set the skew? This is all new to me, I have a ku band that works fine.

I have the dish up, dish pointer says the skew is 22.1 how do I set the skew? This is all new to me, I have a ku band that works fine.

That would be by turning the LNBF which is sort of a guessing game as most seem to have poor markings on them. Since you have a KU signal, watch the signal meter on the receiver, and first mark the position of the LNBF with a marker, and slowly turn it looking for the highest reading.

The Coolsat 7100 can do AC-3 but requires an external audio decoder (sonic voom/cyberhome unit is a good one)

thanks for all the replies, will i be able to recieve ku and c band with the lnbf that came with the dish? the lnbf has california amplifier c band lnbf voltage controlled switching, linear polarity input 3.7- 4.2 ghz, output 950-1450 mhz gain 65 db noise 25k. I have a 36 inch ku band dish that works fine , just got the six footer a few days ago, trying to get it to work on the coolsat 7100, again thanks for all the replies

I tried to find amc 1 this evening, no luck. i have 73 on strenght but noting on quality. I have the dish angle and the skew set by dishpointer numbers, what should i have for lnb frequency on the coolsat settings. thanks

<<6 ft unimesh dish>> Is this on a Polar mount, With an actuator to move it across the arc? Or an Azimuth-Elevation mount(Az-El)? Maybe a picture of the mount? Cal amp LNB - C band L.O.=5150, so must also have it bolted to a feedhorn, does it have a small blue(ish) box on it with 3 small wires(red,black,white)? Maybe a picture or two here also. What I'm getting at is: more information of what you have there will get better, more accurate, answers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts